PDA

View Full Version : Bursitis - anyone you know had/got it?

emmawright
8th July 2009, 04:04 PM
Hello, Just wondered if anyone knew somebody who has or had Bursitis ?

I have suffered with hip bursitis for 5 years, i have had an MRI, 2 injections into the hip (very painful) and have had physio too. At the end of August i am having an operation to remove the bursa and lengthen the tendons. The Op has a success rate of 75%, so i just hope it works, but i've got to give it a go. I have been looking online for information, but just wondered if anyone has know somebody with this?

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409

emmawright
8th July 2009, 04:07 PM
sorry i should have put this in "dog and bone" section

misty
8th July 2009, 10:36 PM
poss. got bursitis in my heel - but not sure at the mo' til it's diagnosed. Don't know what the diagnosis is, but it's a little painful after I've been walking around a while.

emmawright
9th July 2009, 06:21 PM
oh right, well thats interesting. I think it is common in the heel, as well as elbow, shoulder and hip.

jgponder
9th July 2009, 09:13 PM
I have it in my hip, have had it for about 3 years. Am currently in therapy and just about finished. This is my 2nd time in a couple of years. Shots have always worked but no longer do and now I can't even have another until after Nov. it is very painful. I would be very curious to know about the surgery I had been told there was nothing they could do for Bursitis.

Jane, mom to Alex & Emma

Ilene
10th July 2009, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately, yes, I have had trochanteric bursitis (hip) on my right side. No fun, but ibuprofen seems to do the trick for me, usually. Getting older isn't for wimps, apparently.:xfngr:

emmawright
10th July 2009, 03:53 PM
Well the surgeon who i see said that if i had only had it for 2 years he wouldn't do an operation, but because it is 5 years, he said he could remove the bursa sack. I am scared to have it done, but getting fed up with it now, so may as well give it a try, plus i am only 26! So seems a bit silly to just live with it at this age. I can let you know Jane, how the surgery goes. The surgeon says that he has done 8 operations in the last 2 years for bursitis, so there is def. a further option.