• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bursitis - anyone you know had/got it?

emmawright

Hello, Just wondered if anyone knew somebody who has or had Bursitis ?

I have suffered with hip bursitis for 5 years, i have had an MRI, 2 injections into the hip (very painful) and have had physio too. At the end of August i am having an operation to remove the bursa and lengthen the tendons. The Op has a success rate of 75%, so i just hope it works, but i've got to give it a go. I have been looking online for information, but just wondered if anyone has know somebody with this?

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409

poss. got bursitis in my heel - but not sure at the mo' til it's diagnosed. Don't know what the diagnosis is, but it's a little painful after I've been walking around a while.

oh right, well thats interesting. I think it is common in the heel, as well as elbow, shoulder and hip.

I have it in my hip, have had it for about 3 years. Am currently in therapy and just about finished. This is my 2nd time in a couple of years. Shots have always worked but no longer do and now I can't even have another until after Nov. it is very painful. I would be very curious to know about the surgery I had been told there was nothing they could do for Bursitis.

Jane, mom to Alex & Emma

Unfortunately, yes, I have had trochanteric bursitis (hip) on my right side. No fun, but ibuprofen seems to do the trick for me, usually. Getting older isn't for wimps, apparently.:xfngr:

Well the surgeon who i see said that if i had only had it for 2 years he wouldn't do an operation, but because it is 5 years, he said he could remove the bursa sack. I am scared to have it done, but getting fed up with it now, so may as well give it a try, plus i am only 26! So seems a bit silly to just live with it at this age. I can let you know Jane, how the surgery goes. The surgeon says that he has done 8 operations in the last 2 years for bursitis, so there is def. a further option.

Back