PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Dublin: Two 6yr old F ex breeding dogs: together

Karlin
9th July 2009, 11:06 PM
I would like to home this pair of dogs together as they have always been together. Both 6, seem pretty good on housetraining, small cavaliers, a tri and B&T.

They will be spayed, chipped etc. Very sweet girls and are shortly going into foster together. One has been excessively bred (6 litters :( ) and one has never had a litter though she was bred many times. Seem to have been decently cared for though. Not used to kids so would not be appropriate for a small child home (eg under 13).

They are a bit shy and their life would have been spent as breeding dogs, not as house pets.

Karlin
10th July 2009, 10:48 PM
Foster sorted and possible home, but not if they cannot remain together. These are two cuties! They are really sweet.

Claire L
11th July 2009, 09:33 AM
If only I were capable of walking out with a dog again....... I would snap up those two little Princesses. Hope they find the most perfect home :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Justine
11th July 2009, 09:46 AM
nice to see they can stay with each other.

Shelli
12th July 2009, 10:04 AM
They are beautiful :l*v:
Hope they find their forever home soon

Karlin
15th July 2009, 12:01 PM
These two are in the vets this morning; such close friends that even the vet says they shouldn't be separated. :)

Both have very bad teeth and gum disease so will be getting dentals. Tansy, the B&T, will have her dental and spay today. She has a good heart at age 5ish. Suzy, the B&T (oops mean tri), same age, has a bad heart murmur (probably a 4 or 5) but no sign of CHF and the vet feels we can bring down that murmur a bit with a month of heart treatment. At that point she too will get a dental as bad teeth will directly contribute to a heart disease!! She may be spayed at that point too. For those of you who have contributed to Irish Cavalier Rescue, bought calendars or Christmas cards, this is where your money really helps. :flwr:

Vet says they are absolutely adorable. They are looking for a loving home together.

george108
15th July 2009, 02:53 PM
They really are two beautiful girls. Hopefully that murmer can get sorted. Fingers crossed they find some good person to take them soon.

Claire L
15th July 2009, 03:29 PM
I'd like to make a small contribution to the vet bill for these girls if I may?

Can you PM me the details of where to paypal it please?

george108
15th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Yes, me too. Is there an account as opposed to paypal?

Mimi
15th July 2009, 08:49 PM
Its wonderful to see where the fundraising goes , makes it all worthwhile . They are beautiful deserving of a loving home .
Mimi

george108
20th July 2009, 10:21 PM
Any update on these lovely girls?

Karlin
20th July 2009, 10:44 PM
In foster for the next couple of weeks, getting spay, dental work and medical care. :)

Thanks for the interest expressed in helping with these two. For anyone interested, Paypal is on my email, karlin@indigo.ie; or the Irish Cavalier Rescue account is under that name (not mine as it is an organisation acct, not a personal acct!) at Bank of Ireland, 2 College Green, Dublin 2; sort code 90-00-17 and account number, 86741757. :)

george108
21st July 2009, 10:10 AM
That's great that they're getting sorted. Hopefully they'll find a permanent home soon.

Thanks for the bank details. Will definitely make a donation.

Wagtails
21st July 2009, 05:59 PM
Me too! :jmp2:

I had no idea you were struggling with all the hard work for your rescue single-handed and am very glad to see that you have had so many offers of practical help from Irish friends on this forum.

I'm sure many of us on this side of the water will be glad to help out with donations etc as you have worked so hard to run Cavalier Talk for us and keep it stimulating and informative.

All best, Marie-Anne

Karlin
20th August 2009, 02:52 PM
Susie, the tricolour girl, will I believe make her forever home with my kindly, elderly neighbour Desmond, whose senior collie Sam lost his little companion about a year or two ago and is lovely. I walk Sam for Desmond once a week so now will be walking two, I think! :) Desmond has a small army of women who come walk his dog for him as he is housebound but a quiet girl like Susie with a high grade heart murmur should find that is just the perfect place to be.

Irish Cavalier Rescue will be covering her tablets and any other vet costs.

misty
20th August 2009, 04:48 PM
That news about Susie has made my day, Karlin :).

Maybe things happen for a reason sometimes and it does sound like an ideal home for the lovely lady :).