PDA

View Full Version : Chrissie our new addition!!

george108
11th July 2009, 10:57 PM
Here's Chrissie, our new addition to the family! She was in a shelter for several weeks and we adopted her yesterday. She's so adorable and she's settling in really well.George loves her and is so relaxed around her. She was pretty badly matted so she had a good hair cut! We just can't believe our luck!!

http://www.board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1653

http://www.board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1652

PS Top pic taken in shelter. Bottom pic in the garden yesterday and the collar belongs to George hence the big size. She has her very own bright red one now!

jld
11th July 2009, 11:27 PM
Oh, congratulations .....Chrissie is an absolute doll. You both are so lucky to have each other...

Phoebe
11th July 2009, 11:38 PM
Oh God love her, she's gorgeous!
Congratulations to you on your new addition:p

george108
11th July 2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks a million guys. She's such a little dote. She's a bit nervous obviously coming from the shelter but she's doing really well. She has already claimed her spot on the couch beside George and he's more than happy to share! At this moment she's snuggled up beside my oh and seems more than content!

sarahso
12th July 2009, 12:09 AM
Congratulations on your new adition.

bless her she is gorgeous, she has certainly landed on her paws with you.

*Pauline*
12th July 2009, 12:10 AM
Oh bless her, she's so pretty. Can't wait to see her with her coat grown back and some pics of Chrissie and George.

Jasperxxgabby
12th July 2009, 12:53 AM
Aww she is precious :luv:. Congratulations :flwr:

Daisy's Mom
12th July 2009, 03:48 AM
She is so beautiful -- yes you are lucky and so is she!!! She looks like a little angel with such a sweet face. Congratulations to you both!

Chelle & Rex
12th July 2009, 04:11 AM
Big Congrats,dying to see pics of her and george!

Sabby
12th July 2009, 09:42 AM
She is gorgeous.:l*v:
So glad she found her home with you.

Justine
12th July 2009, 10:18 AM
Shes lovely.Nice and clean,bet she feels better.

Shelli
12th July 2009, 10:47 AM
She's beautiful. She has such a sweet little face :lotsaluv:

Karlin
12th July 2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats and delighted you found a new rescue! b*n*n*

Image links don't show at all on Safari on a Mac, if anyone with a Mac is wondering why they can't see them. They do work on Firefox on a Mac.

Generally it is better to link to the online album where the pics are stored (eg external website like Flickr or Photobucket, not albums within the board, especially as the URL structure may change with a new board version due out shortly). :thmbsup:

team bella
12th July 2009, 03:07 PM
She is so gorgeous. :luv:
You are both lucky to have found each other. All the best for the future.

pippa
12th July 2009, 03:09 PM
She's lovely.

george108
12th July 2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all the lovely comments. Here she is with George on the couch. The little size of her compared to him!

http://www.board.cavaliertalk.com/picture.php?albumid=204&pictureid=1654

*Pauline*
12th July 2009, 04:42 PM
George looks like he's very happy to have a new friend. Will you be keeping both their coats short? I reckon Chrissie's coat looked cute long, even with the tangles :)

Mom of Jato
12th July 2009, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on your new addition to the family. She looks like she is fitting in really well already. :) I'm sure she is so happy to be out of that shelter and into your loving home. :l*v:

pinkpuppy
12th July 2009, 05:39 PM
Congrats! She is lucky to find a new forever home.

george108
12th July 2009, 06:36 PM
George looks like he's very happy to have a new friend. Will you be keeping both their coats short? I reckon Chrissie's coat looked cute long, even with the tangles :)

Poor little Chrissie's coat was so mangled that she had a very bad rash on her chest. The vet is treating it with antibiotics and a short course of steroids. We're also bathing it to keep it clean. It's looking better already. We usually keep George fairly short. He's only been groomed quite recently and we got it fairly tight with the warm weather. She's a little angel. She's only had one little accident in the house because she's so comfortable on the couch and won't go out! She seems quite put out when we pick her up and carry her outside! :-)

*Pauline*
12th July 2009, 08:17 PM
Aww bless her. She does look like she's stuck to that lap like glue. It must be very rewarding for you knowing how much she loves being with you.

tupup
12th July 2009, 08:20 PM
Congrats on your gorgeous new girl:D I hope you have years of happiness ahead-she does look little in that pic!

jasperpaw
12th July 2009, 08:43 PM
Congratulations on getting Chrissie, she look likes she has settled well into her new home.:)

renate
12th July 2009, 09:14 PM
congratulations, to you and to crissie!!:)
she is a lovely little girl:l*v:

jld
12th July 2009, 09:23 PM
I bet Crissie thinks she is in HEAVEN !!!!!!

george108
12th July 2009, 10:24 PM
I bet Crissie thinks she is in HEAVEN !!!!!!

LOL! I think she does. We've just brought her out for a very short walk and she was toddling along looking up at us as proud as punch! :-)

Jasperxxgabby
13th July 2009, 01:46 AM
Aww, lovely pic of them both sleeping, I am amazed how she as settled so well, she looks so at home :luv:.
I am craving more pics ;).

lorebringer
13th July 2009, 10:39 AM
She's a little cutie! George looke huge compared to her :eek: She has definately fallen onto her feet!

Hope there are many years of love and fun ahead of you all :)

george108
13th July 2009, 06:29 PM
She's a little cutie! George looke huge compared to her :eek: She has definately fallen onto her feet!

Hope there are many years of love and fun ahead of you all :)

Yes George is much bigger. His build is completely different to Chrissie's and to most cavs I've met. He's tall with long legs. But I love every inch of him!! :-)

heather r
13th July 2009, 09:31 PM
Karlin; I am using firefoxon a mac and can't see any photos--my loss.

Heather R

Claire L
13th July 2009, 10:30 PM
Congratulations! and a very warm welcome to Chrissie :l*v:

She is absolutely beautiful.....a little doll :lotsaluv:

I wish you all many happy years together :hug:

Wagtails
13th July 2009, 11:06 PM
Congrats and delighted you found a new rescue! b*n*n*

Image links don't show at all on Safari on a Mac, if anyone with a Mac is wondering why they can't see them. They do work on Firefox on a Mac.

Generally it is better to link to the online album where the pics are stored (eg external website like Flickr or Photobucket, not albums within the board, especially as the URL structure may change with a new board version due out shortly). :thmbsup:

I can't see these photos either and I'm using a PC with Firefox. Anyone else having the same trouble?