• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

3 Cavaliers stolen - Leicestershie UK

Nicki

Blenheim girl 7 months, Blenheim girl 17 months (both microchipped) and a Tricolour girl aged 11 months have been stolen from the property whilst the owner was out on Thursday.

They are on Doglost 19077, 19075 and 19076 - awaiting photos

http://www.doglost.co.uk

If anyone can help please can they print off posters and post them in the Leicestershire area.

So sad -- hope they are found (then kept safely indoors when no one is home) :(

That just makes me feel sick. They could empty my house rather than take my pets. The owner must be feeling awful.
Someone must have known about them or been watching the owner. I wonder if there has been any unusual contact from strangers. I hope the owner gets them back and soon.

how awful, i bet the owners are beside them selves.
i hope they are found safe & well & returned to their owners.

we actually had sombody staking out our house several nights running when Thor was a pup, im sure they were after him. i contacted the police who laughed at me saying dog napping does not happen... if only it didnt.

So sad. I live in Leicester but Earl Shilton is on the opposite side of me.
Where they stolen from inside the House or were they allowed in the garden while the owners were not at home? That’s why I don’t like dog flaps.

Bit off topic, but i was burgled the other year, and one saving grace was they didnt let harley out, if they had left the door open and just scarpered then i could have been picking harley up off the main road. If they were stolen then they will be used in some breeding programme probably, di

These particular pups belonged to a long established cavalier breeder so the loss of three young bitches is very serious indeed apart from the emotional distress.
It's quite possible that they were snatched by an opportunist who will try to sell them quickly and locally so perhaps they may end up being seen by a vet.As two are microchipped,hopefully they can be traced and reunited with the owner.It may be worth mentioning it to your local vet if you live in the area.
Sins

That makes me feel sick.
We have a dog flap that Leo uses but it is ALWAYS locked when we're out.

I hope the owner is reunted soon:xfngr:

Mel

These particular pups belonged to a long established cavalier breeder so the loss of three young bitches is very serious indeed apart from the emotional distress.
It's quite possible that they were snatched by an opportunist who will try to sell them quickly and locally so perhaps they may end up being seen by a vet.As two are microchipped,hopefully they can be traced and reunited with the owner.It may be worth mentioning it to your local vet if you live in the area.
Sins

I thought that these dogs belonged to a breeder.

Nothing so far :(

These three seem to have been "targets" -

The determined thieves scaled two walls, one of them 6 feet high, scrambled over a roof into the garden and selectively took the dogs from their kennels.

It still depresses me that cavaliers are left out in kennels rather than being part of the household and inside, where they are always going to be considerably safer. No good show breeder would even consider homing a cavalier pup to a family that intended to keep it out in a kennel most of its life. Yet this is routinely done by breeders with their own dogs. I've never understood why these dogs are not seen to have the same needs for a stimulating indoor home as their pups. The logic of keeping them outside -- this breed in particular -- makes this all seem very much a livestock breeding business... :(

I certainly hope these are found and returned :xfngr: but it would be a benefit to all dogs if such a sad and tragic incident prompted a broader rethink amongst breeders about leaving cavaliers outside in kennels -- both the depleted and understimulating life they experience, and how vulnerable it leaves them.

Back