PDA

View Full Version : Borders, Blanch is closing down.......

Claire L
14th July 2009, 03:25 PM
and everything is reduced by 50%. I'm off to stock up on reading material for the winter. I will really miss this store :( as I always enjoyed spending an hour or so browsing there every time I shopped in Blanch.

Louise1823
14th July 2009, 04:52 PM
:( oh no!! I always loved sitting upstairs in Starbucks on the cosy chairs and having a little read.. thats a real shame...
They had a fab collection of books on bands and musicians too, probably the best you can find in Dublin :mad:

Ste
14th July 2009, 09:25 PM
I hadn't heard that, my favourite bookstore :( I bet the other two bookshops in the centre will be happy to hear that, crap as they are. Thankfully I work about less than a minutes walk from Chapters on Parnell Street :)

Claire L
14th July 2009, 11:19 PM
I popped in this evening :eek: it was jam packed. I bought 185 worth of books, cd's and dvd's :-D and got them all for 91 :w**h**:
I have to agree with you; the other bookstores in the centre are rubbish.
My favs are Waterstone's in Nassau Street and Borders.
Another one bites the dust eh!

Chelle & Rex
15th July 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh No :eek: Thats terrible, we usually go once a month, have a starbucks and stock up on books. Easons just arent the same :( Borders has always been my favourite

lorebringer
15th July 2009, 11:16 AM
Easons just arent the same :( Borders has always been my favourite

So true! There is a book store in Kilkenny and Waterford (two different stores but same name) - "The Book Centre" - that are so nice and you can lounge for ages. I always love going into them if I'm in the area. Boarders has (had :() the same feeling and atmosphere, pitty is is closing. Will have to pop in to see if I can pick up anything good on the cheap.

Ste
18th July 2009, 11:52 AM
I think I know that one in Waterford, it's split across several floors/mezzanines? Nice spot to spend an hour or so. I go into Eason on O'Connell Street and usually walk straight through and out the other door, lol, I hate it!

Nick
22nd July 2009, 02:10 PM
Such a shame about Borders.:( Without doubt the best bookshop in Ireland, with excellent staff.

It's back to Amazon for me, I'm afraid.

Ste
17th August 2009, 11:19 PM
It would appear that Newlook offered quite a good deal to take over the units, another unimaginative clothes shop is just what Blanchardstown Shopping Centre needs :rolleyes: