PDA

View Full Version : Pet Airways

Thelly
17th July 2009, 02:12 PM
I saw a piece on Pet Airways on RTE News the other evening. Has anyone in the US used the service yet? They said it was booked out for the next 2 months or so. Sounds very good tho!

Lani
17th July 2009, 02:24 PM
I've seen it on TV too. Looks really great! The flight attendants come check on your pet every 15 minutes. :)

It only flies into 5 locations now though. Here's there website:

http://petairways.com/content/reservations

One thing that a co-worker told me (he was intrigued too & he doesn't even have dogs!) is that it flies smaller planes into commuter airports (the ones that corporate executives with private planes fly into), and so if you fly into a city and also fly your pet into the city, you need to drive to the other airport to get your pet. Not a huge deal really for the convenience of not having to put a pet into cargo. and rates sound reasonable.

Hopefully they'll add more cities soon. :)

Cathy T
17th July 2009, 03:08 PM
John wants to know if these means Jake and Shelby can go on vacation by themselves??;)

ilsamom
19th July 2009, 03:01 PM
been waiting for them to open - it's about time our pups were treated properly while flying. I've been on their e-mail list for almost a year

Jen

pinkpuppy
19th July 2009, 03:54 PM
I just wish they had closer flights.

Thelly
20th July 2009, 09:17 AM
John wants to know if these means Jake and Shelby can go on vacation by themselves??;)

:D Wouldn't that be nice!!