• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harley is being neutered

Sabby

For a few months now I have been debating if to have Harley neutered or not. I only have been putting it of because he is such a baby and a mummy’s boy. He hates the vets and as soon as we get into the waiting room he starts crying and working himself up. My worry is that especially when I leave him there (He has never been left without the 2 girls) he get so worked up and that it will affect the anaesthetic. When he has to have an injection he screams the place down. Once the receptionist said that she was going to come and rescue him he cried so loud. Well I have booked him for Thursday and the reception said that any concerns I should mention to the nurse when he has his check up before the operation. I know it’s a routine op and for a boy the operation is not as bad as for the girls. I can’t help but worry. He is my little boy.

Aaawww im sure Harley will be fine, we had our dog neutered as he was being a naughty boy :p And he was fine, a bit woozy afterwards and not quite himself for a few day, but apart from that, he was fine :)

Aaawww im sure Harley will be fine, we had our dog neutered as he was being a naughty boy :p And he was fine, a bit woozy afterwards and not quite himself for a few day, but apart from that, he was fine :)

Thanks for your reassuring words.
I can’t help but worry, I won’t be able to do anything tomorrow.

I know how worrying it is when they have to have an anaesthetic and nothing will stop you being anxious until you get the call to say everything went well and Harley is in recovery and the time to pick him up, but I am sure everything will go smoothly and this time tomorrow you will be having a hard time keeping him calm :).
I will be thinking of you and Harley tomorrow, and I hope the time will pass quickly and he will be back home with you :flwr:

Quincy was neutered just 6 days ago, and is doing just fine. His surgery was more complicated, because he had an undescended testicle, so he has two incisions - one is just like a spay. I was worried sick too, because he's such a little baby, so sensitive. He did great. He was very tired for the first two days, and occasionally yelped from the pain. He really acted like royalty when he would only eat from my hand, and not from the bowl! So he laid on his bed, while I hand-fed him! He's completely back to normal now, full of energy. He's wearing the head-cone all day, except for walks and feeding, or if he's sleeping next to me. Otherwise, he goes straight for those stitches. He gets them removed on Monday.

Don't worry, Harley will be just fine.

Thanks for your reassuring messages.
I just dropped Harley at the vets and to my surprise he pulled me through the door his tail wagging and no crying. I’m having him Micro chipped while he is under the antistatic. His weight is 8.2 kilo so skinny. He might fill out a bit now he is being neutered.

Hi there, know exactly how you're feeling as Darcy is also at the vets today for neutering. I can totally empathise with your stress and worry. Hopefully in a few days we will both be posting to say that all is good.

Thinking of Harley and Darcy today and sending reassuring :hug:'s to the Moms. Don't worry , they'll be fine :flwr:

Back