PDA

View Full Version : Using a coupler with a SENSE-ible harness?

george108
22nd July 2009, 12:55 PM
Is it possible? Both George and Chrissie have the harnesses and I was thinking of trying them with a coupler but not sure if it will work with this type of harness. George is a puller (when he sees other dogs!) but Chrissie isn't.....yet!! :-) Just not sure if it's wise to use it because of the front clips. Thanks in advance.

Claire L
22nd July 2009, 05:57 PM
I'd imagine you'd be better off walking them separately if they are wearing SenSible harnesses. Just my opinion from my own experience but others may disagree :)

chloe92us
22nd July 2009, 06:04 PM
If George is a puller, he will jerk your other around. I have tried to use couplers with collars, reg harnesses, and front clip harnesses and I just find them to be a pain. Lots of people love them, but not me!

george108
23rd July 2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys. We tried it and it was ok but not a great success! They were so funny together! :-) Will use the separate leads instead.

Dublin
23rd July 2009, 09:04 AM
I walk my two on sensible harniness's when we're road walking (when we are going to the park & then they have puppias) & I think a coupler wouldnt work too well really - thats just my opinion though!!! I think other harness's would be better with couplers.

Karlin
23rd July 2009, 04:07 PM
I walk three of mine on a tripler (so to speak) all in sensible harnesses and they work fine. The connections however are about 2.5 feet long per dog. I would not use those horrible short chain couplers.

I use the Larz leads but there are other types you can order that are long and aren't made of chain. It takes 6 weeks for them to make a Larz! There are quite a few previous threads on couplers and websites to buy them from. :)

george108
23rd July 2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Karlin. I think the length of the coupler didn't help, it was fairly short. Might get a longer one and give it a go! Thanks again.

Mindysmom
23rd July 2009, 05:50 PM
Karlin where did you get your tripler?