• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pooh eater

jgponder

My latest rescue is eating her pooh. We try to get a bag and follow her around outside and catch her right away but not aways the case, as she is not real regular about the times she goes or she will go, then a few minutes later go again. So while you are picking up one she is going and immediately eating the other. I cound not find much on the searches here and wondering if anyone has had any luck on any of the pills that they have out? She is also deaf so no amount of sound distraction is working. Any suggestions?

Jane, mom to Alex & Emma

Feed her pineapple! They don't like the sent or taste of it when it comes back out so that should stop her from eating it! YUCK!

Charlie does that with Sams poo so you have to be quick to clean it up. I heard pinapple too. He is not as bad anymore because we gave out to him when he did it and he has given up trying to do it. I read somewhere that it is what dogs did in the wild to survive and also that the mammy dog does this with the pups to clean up the area.

Thank you VGaffney 83!! It Worked!!

I picked up some fresh pineapple at the grocery on Saturday and gave it to Rudy as a treat last night. While doing his morning 'routine', he immediately turned around to sniff. If it is possible for a dog to turn his nose up, this one did. :grnyuk: It was pretty funny!

Thanks for the tip. And the fresh pineapple is good for his 'people' too. Altho not for the same reason!! :yikes

Back