• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bringing home Elsie

jankal

I have adopted a 4 yr. old rescue from Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue. I have two other cavs at home. She was crated for her first four years of life but has done well with her foster mom. My only concern is that my 8 month cav is my shadow and the foster mom says that Elsie is like velcro. How do I keep them from being jealous of each other?

I wouldn't really worry too much about this unless you see signs of jealousy. I'll bet that both enjoy having a canine companion enough that they'll respect each others space with you.

My cavalier Lucky was my shadow and then I got Sparky (also a Lucky Star rescue) who is a velcro dog as well. Lucky lets Sparky have some space, but I've been trying to make "alone time" for Lucky lately by scheduling separate grooming appointments, etc. This is really more for me though than then ... I was kind of missing having Lucky sit on my lap, etc., and he seems to do that more when Sparky isn't around.

THAT SAID ... I don't think for a minute that he resents Sparky ... they are always curling up together to sleep and Sparky follows Lucky around like a big brother. It's so cute.

Good lucky with your new rescue. I'm sure your dogs will love each other in no time. :lotsaluv:

It's always so good to hear about someone with a Rescue Cavalier - lots of luck with Elsie and hope she settles in really well for you :flwr:

Back