• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Calling all Dog Lovers: Help Stop Puppy Farmer Please!!!

ribbons

Hi folks

I have 8 stunning Cavaliers & they are my world.

Sadly two of them were from a women who claimed to be a loving breeder & said the pups were Kennel Club Registered (they were not).

Sadly my two puppies needed life saving vet treatment & have suffered.

Despite over 70 complaints, she has applied for her breeders licence which I will be objecting & have started an online petition which will be presented at the licensing panel.

After less than 2 days we have over 200 signatures which is wonderful however I need more.

I am calling on all dog lovers to help my campaign & know how passionate Cavalier owners are so here I am asking for some help.

Please please please sign & pass on

Thanks in advance:):):):)

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-baird-puppy-farmers/index.html

Just edited this slightly to keep it in line with what I can allow. People can read the petition to get some more detail, and I am sure Ribbons will be happy to have people PM for more information or to get further involved in this campaign. (y) Good luck and so sorry you had so many difficulties with your cavaliers; hope the petition works and I encourage people to sign. :)

We'd love to see some pictures of your dogs too!

ribbon, a while back I remember a court case where a number of people with sick puppies got together with written statements from their veterinarians and in a class action presented this in court where they won the case.

Take care and maybe reading this recent court judge's decision in Canada might give you some assistance in maybe knowing what you can and cannot do, and from what I hear it looks like they might be going back to court to contest the decision. The 8 scaned pages as JPG images might take a bit to download from this link address.
http://members.wideband.net.au/safcav/1Canada/

Just edited this slightly to keep it in line with what I can allow. People can read the petition to get some more detail, and I am sure Ribbons will be happy to have people PM for more information or to get further involved in this campaign. (y) Good luck and so sorry you had so many difficulties with your cavaliers; hope the petition works and I encourage people to sign. :)

We'd love to see some pictures of your dogs too!

Thanks Karlin

Your support & help is very kind:)

I will get some piccies on soon:)

ribbon, a while back I remember a court case where a number of people with sick puppies got together with written statements from their veterinarians and in a class action presented this in court where they won the case.

Take care and maybe reading this recent court judge's decision in Canada might give you some assistance in maybe knowing what you can and cannot do, and from what I hear it looks like they might be going back to court to contest the decision. The 8 scaned pages as JPG images might take a bit to download from this link address.
http://members.wideband.net.au/safcav/1Canada/

Thanks I will certainly get a look:)

Hi

Signed your petition ,and as Karlin says can we see some pics of your 8 wonderful Cavaliers pls.:)

Just realised I have something that relates to the breeder concerned here:

http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showpost.php?p=293892&postcount=4

The story ran last year in the Daily Mail. Maybe this will encourage some more signatures.

The story in the Daily mail says it all! The fact that she's quoted as saying "The puppies I sell are in good health. Some are traumatised in transit and can die' Where the h*** (sorry for language!) are they being transported from/to?? the moon? Ribbons - I hope you are successful.

Good luck.

Signed.

I have a puppy mill rescue, rescued from a mill with atrocious conditions ... I hope the petition makes a difference.

Signed as well. This sounds like the worse kind of puppy farm. Let's hope this petition can really help the case against it, for all our sakes.

Sure you can sign from the US -- I'd add a note relating to why you feel it is important not to allow any irresponsible breeding or large scale breeding establishments... you have an informed viewpoint both as an owner of the breed and with an opinion on US mill situations.

Back