• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good article on bathing dogs

:thnku: It was very good information. We bathe Molly and Éowyn once a month, same day as they get their anti-flee-and-tick-medicine on the neck.
Some had told us it was too often, others that we shouldn't bathe them at all, and sometimes you just don't know what to think.

Ourempire,

I don't want to be a know-it-all, but I noticed in your post that you said you give the bath the same day as the spot treatment for ticks and fleas. Your product may be different in this respect, but most of the ones I'm familiar with (Frontline Plus is the one I use, and others who use K9 Advantix tell me that their product has the same instructions) say you should only apply it 2 days or more before or 2 days or more after a bath, not in between. The idea is that the bath strips oils and the product needs oils to spread over the whole dog. After the treatment is on for 2 days, then bathing or getting wet doesn't matter, as the product has already spread and collected in the hair follicles (as I understand it.)

Just thought I'd mention it, although your particular product may be different. Those things are expensive and I just wanted to alert you to read the directions and make sure you are not wasting the treatment by giving immediately after a bath.

Last edited:
Ourempire i was just about to post similar to Daisy's Mom! If your flea treat is different & getting wet doesnt matter plse can you tell me what you use cos im driven daft trying to keep my girls dry & it always rains on us,as ive said in a different thread:)

Thanks for your advice, it was very helpfull. We didn't know that. We use Bayvantic, but I'll certainly remember it next time.

We normally get someone to bath Charlie and trim his fur and claws e.t.c We do sometimes bath him once every 2 months.

Back