• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drooling - a lot!

emmawright

Hello - just wanted to ask, because Bluebell has just come in from outside, and she is drooling a lot, as in it is just running out of her mouth - she has drooled before but never like this. I was watching her in the garden, and i don't think anything happened, but she seems a bit grumpy too.

Its like a tap running from her mouth - help!

I'd call the vet immediately and urgently. Could be slug pellets or a serious poison.

That was my first though too. Hope she didn't get into anything. Keep us posted....please. I'll be thinking about her.

well just got back from the vet - they have kept her in, the drool was pouring from her mouth, and in the car she was moving about funny (she was in the boot) and when i opened it, she had messed everywhere, and she was covered in it, then she threw up at the vet - she looked awful. so they have kept her in... i hope she is ok, i cried all the way home.

Good job i noticed that the drooling wasn't normal, and i took her down as she got a lot worse.

Oh poor you & poor Bluebell, you must be shaken up how awful.Thank God she was drooling & well done for getting her to the vets so fast. I'll be thinking of you & hoping that she gets well soon,plse post updates:hug::hug:
Ps. Can you have a little medicinal brandy?

Yes - maybe i should! I have a terrible headache.
Poor thing, she looked very unwell. I really hope she is ok, little lottie is searching for her .

Well done for acting so promptly - obviously it was the best thing to do. These things can happen so fast and so unexpectedly and Cavvies are always so inquisitive about anything new.

Must have been a terrible shock for all of you - the medicinal brandy sounds like a good idea!

We'll keep everything crossed for you and Bluebell. :xfngr:

Oh gosh, poor Bluebell :(, and poor you, sounds like a really scary experience, I will be thinking of Bluebell and hoping she is back to herself asap. :hug:

My sister's dog got hold of some kind of poison, probably slug pellets and though it was very serious, she pulled through. You acted very quickly and that's a good thing. I hope she's back home soon :hug:

the only thing is i don't use slug pellets, and no sprays or anything like that. The vet was asking about what plants i had there and about slug pellets etc, so i don't know what it is. the only thing i saw up there was part of something dead, like half a mouse.

oh god, i never thought that the mouse might have been poisoned... we do get frogs here, i just don't know...

no she didn't ask about frogs, but i only saw the vet. nurse - she said they would keep her in and a vet would look at her.

Good job getting her there so quickly. Hope she is OK. We will all be thinking of her (and you!).

I think you should take whatever it is you found in the garden to the vet, maybe that would give them a better idea. I know it's gross but that's all I can think to do.

Just reading this now.....I really hope Bluebell is ok.....you must be beside yourself.
Please keep us posted

Mel

The vet has just rang, he said that he has checked her over and given her some medicine (a couple of ones i can't remember) and some antibiotics and also the equilivent of morfine, he said she is very pale, she is on a drip and will be staying overnight at the vet. he said he will phone me at about 8.30 tomorrow morning to let me know how she is. he said it is probably something she ate and she has reacted badly to it. he said if she is still sick in the morning then they will have to open her up and have a look, but he doesnt think they should need to do that.

its such a worry when they aren't here... i hope she is ok, i love her so much! but i told her that before i left her, and i told her she was "my special bab" (thats what i call her!)

off to give Lottie a good walk now, to try and distract her. She won't like it much tonight, being in her bed alone...

Big hugs to you and Lottie- it will be hard to be without her tonight. I hope she's okay in the morning. :hug:

what an awful time. I sure hope she's up and running quickly. Glad you got her in so quickly and vet is keeping in touch with you. Let us know when you hear in the a.m. Hugs to you.

Back