PDA

View Full Version : So proud!

Gem
3rd August 2009, 07:27 PM
we had a fun dog show near us on Saturday so popped down with the girls for a little look. The weather was terrible and we didnt stay long - werent going to enter any classes just browsing at the stalls etc. Anyway one of the organisers begged me to enter a class so we entered "waggiest tail" and Heidi won 1st prize.
I am so proud of her reason been when she came to us as a rescue she was so timid and scared she would freeze in fear and wet herself, she really was a damaged little girl :( 12 months later she's stood in a ring of 25 or more dogs wagging her tail so hard it nearly falls off!!

jasperpaw
3rd August 2009, 07:37 PM
That is lovely that Gem got a 1st in waggiest tail and a year down the line she is such a happy dog, very rewarding.:)

tupup
That's wonderful Gem, well done Heidi:D
You deserve to be proud,it takes a lot of time & love to help a rescue gain confidence,Rubes was a terrified girl when she came to me & shook from head to toe, however theres no way i could get her into a waggiest tail winner even now so good on you, well donecl*p

Redkite
:wggle: Well done Heidi! and congratulations to you too, it must be wonderful to see her so happy!

Gem
3rd August 2009, 07:40 PM
thank you! i've got to give Chloe the credit for the change in Heidi though as she is the most confident little cavalier you could meet - she is completley fearless and will chase a great dane without a 2nd thought:rolleyes:
its definatley helped Heidi overcome her fears

maddoglady
3rd August 2009, 07:48 PM
Well done there, you keep that tail a wagging Heidi

*Pauline*
3rd August 2009, 08:41 PM
Oh bless her, glad she is a happy girl now :mexwav:

Mindysmom
3rd August 2009, 08:46 PM
That's great to hear how far she's come. We had a rescue girl (not a Cav) in puppy class who would shake with fear. By the end of the six weeks she was excited about coming according to her Dad.

Claire L
3rd August 2009, 09:23 PM
:*nana: Congratulations HEIDI ! :lotsaluv:

Congrats to you too Gem and big :hug: to Chloe for being such a wonderful sister. It is an incredible feeling when you see a rescue begin to blossom , well done!!

Margaret C
3rd August 2009, 10:32 PM
I love success stories.

Well done to you and Heidi

Sabby
3rd August 2009, 10:49 PM
You must be so proud of Heidi.
It just shows how a loving home can transform a dogs life.

HollyDolly
4th August 2009, 12:17 AM
Well done Heidi and Mum:*nana:

Wagtails
4th August 2009, 10:46 PM
What a wonderful story!

Congratulations to Heidi from 3 Worcestershire Wagtails - it takes one to know one.:*nana:

Chelle & Rex
4th August 2009, 11:29 PM
Well done Heidi and Gem for all your hard work that paid off