View Full Version : Foster needed: three female cavaliers

11th August 2009, 11:04 AM
I MAY need a space for three girls -- they all know each other but would not need to be kept together in foster. I believe I have a home for one or two of them already so it may just be a single dog that needs a foster slot. I am, just flagging them and Justine, I may see if you could take them if the homes do not work out, and I can't get something up here.

This summer continues to rain cavaliers. :eek:

11th August 2009, 11:06 AM
I was just to about to offer.I can take all 3 and keep in the playroom.

11th August 2009, 11:15 AM
I'll PM you later today. Nothing is urgent, I just want to be sure there's a set-up in place so these girls have somewhere to go if homes don't materialise. :)

I've so many female cavaliers at the moment! :p

11th August 2009, 11:41 AM
Do that and i will give you my home number and mobile.They can stay as long as you need.Just got 2 awards fro IBKCA we are now on their web site,so pleased.

11th August 2009, 11:16 PM
Just got 2 awards fro IBKCA we are now on their web site,so pleased.

Well done Justine :jump:

12th August 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks Pauline,we are over the moon.Just waiting for my awards to come through then i can show them off.

18th August 2009, 08:59 AM
Karlin,pm you.All 3 coming on Sat.Each has to have seperate kennels,cant be fed togther and need to sleep on their own,they are allowed to play together and walk together.One is deaf.

18th August 2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry i couldnt take them sooner but we are full till sat...

18th August 2009, 11:34 AM
Can we have pictures of those 3 too Justine? You have all this exciting stuff going on Justine, new kennels, foster dogs and you lost 2 stone bt you never post enough pics! ;)

18th August 2009, 11:47 AM
That is ridiculous -- I will try and see if I can get foster spots as you should not have to set up three separate kennels -- you are running a business. I will see what I can do. I don't know whether they need to be kept apart -- you can try them and see -- dont see why they'd not be fine together, She didn't tellme they have any difficulties with other dogs. :rolleyes:

18th August 2009, 12:39 PM
Karlin,its ok.I can see how they get on.She doesnt feed together and they sleep on their own.leave it with ,e i can see how things go.Its no problem.

18th August 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm still working to place these girls before the weekend, or even one or two. It is just ridiculous that people do this: it was supposed to be just one dog anyway, then became two, then became three. I don't mind helping but on the other hand, none of these should really have been a rescue case, and it is bit much to expect people to find three foster homes or three separate kennels.

If I can get them placed before they are moved on Saturday, I will do so; otherwise I cannot see having time to help with these til late September given all that is on my plate and current family situation, and that is not a great option to leave them for so long.

If people know of potential homes for any rescues please have any prospects contact me -- the situation is quite urgent as I am out of the country for half of September.

At this time I cannot take any more cavaliers into rescue for the foreseeable future so anyone who needs help --please contact local rescues (not pounds) or contact Tara at DTI as she can refer to one of the other rescues.

18th August 2009, 04:57 PM
And thanks Justine; just trying to see if I can get some of this sorted out asap so it isn't so many dogs for you. I just do not have the rescue resources to help ex-breeders sort half their breeding dogs... :eek:

18th August 2009, 06:30 PM
Its ok Karlin,you just find good homes for them.It will be interesting to see how they all work.Will be able to feed info back to you .

18th August 2009, 06:49 PM
I can take one, I can collect Sunday??? No prob at all (cant take before then as just got engaged and have to visit the family and let them all know :)
I'd be thrilled to take one

19th August 2009, 09:02 AM
Davey,did you pm Karlin.How far is Mayo.The girls are in wexford.I am in Dungarvan.

19th August 2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks Davey for the kind offer, but Mayo is too far away for me to manage a dog from -- I will have them go to Justine for now unless I can home in the meantime. I may be able to transfer two of the dogs up to Dublin before too long regardless.

19th August 2009, 06:51 PM
I have a likely place for one of these girls but not til after Sept 11. Still working on them! My newly designed rescue site will go up later this evening.

19th August 2009, 08:04 PM
just got engaged and have to visit the family and let them all know :)
I'd be thrilled to take one

Congratulations :*nana: