PDA

View Full Version : Lily-The Last Card- So Now a Full Set

Brian M
16th August 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi

As everybody guessed i finally after tough negotiations with Dawn and huge concessions on my part I finally was allowed to search for a black and tan little girl to complete our family so under strict orders from M C and Barbara Reece of where to look and what questions to ask we embaked on hundreds of phone calls and loads of emails but b & t girls are scarse I had a couple of promises but nothing certain for about an 8-10 weeks wait ,
Then I was told of a breeder and show person just outside Glasgow who may have a juvenile to sell so I made contact but nothing finalised then on Wed of this week it was agreed she would sell ,than yesterday afternoon
the plug was pulled and it was off so using my best sales technique i tried and two hours later it was confimed back on.

The pup in question was earmarked for the show scene where she ticked all the boxes bar one ,she had one set of teeth which overlapped the other hence the owners kept her to a later age hoping this would correct itself ,it still might, but not yet apart from the she is perfect right size right colour coat etc,her
KC name is AILCRES BLUE EMOTION DOB 16/09/08
AND HER MUM IS CELXO TINA TUNER AT AILCRES
AND DAD IS BIG BOB OR CAMPANARDS TRIBUTE TO SORATA

But the good thing is both parents have been mri scnned grade A and are also have clear heart eye and patella and I have copies of all certs ,so thanks to Margaret and Karlin I dont think I could have got better anywhere and with her being 11 months shes house trained and can go out staright away
So heres our Lily .

Lily please dont forger she is 11 months old dob 16/07/2008 ,,so we now have one at 3 and 2 1/2 and 2 and now 1 ,oh and luke is 14 on 29/08/09

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3501/3826705409_b58f1cc6b5_b.jpg

Lily

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3455/3827502260_c1ab323a4c_b.jpg

Lily

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3826702257_e67857ab9c_b.jpg

Lily

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2649/3826700361_9d06f1154d_b.jpg

Lily

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2429/3827495572_ac12f2ecc2_b.jpg

Couldnt Leave Poppy and Rosie out

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2586/3826703313_8d3759fc15_b.jpg

Nor daisy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3475/3827497284_37f8aa1901_b.jpg

sins
16th August 2009, 10:39 PM
Congratulations Brian and Dawn on your new cavalier.:)
How do the others like her?
Sins

Claire L
16th August 2009, 10:40 PM
Congratulations, she's beautiful !! :lotsaluv:

pippa
16th August 2009, 10:49 PM
She is beautiful Brian:)

tupup
16th August 2009, 10:50 PM
Brian,Dawn & Luke Congratulations,Jubilations,Celebrations,Jollifica tions...erm..im outa ations!!!:jump::jump::jump:
Poppy,Rosie & Daisy i hope you are showing your new sister around & making her welcome,1st off show her where the treats are kept:D

Bri Lily is gorgeous,her looks match your 3 perfectly dont they,youre so lucky but i know a lot went into your search-well done:) In the 1st couple of pics her worried little face brought a lump to my throat.How is she settling in?

Jasperxxgabby
16th August 2009, 11:06 PM
Aww Brian she is gorgeous:luv:, congratulations :D

lady and amber
16th August 2009, 11:07 PM
She is beautiful Brian icon_welcomeLily

Love my Cavaliers
16th August 2009, 11:10 PM
From one full house to another full house - congrats!!! We got Riley when she was 11 months old also and she has been my dream dog (other than the SM). I hope Lily settles in and your other three play nicely!

HollyDolly
16th August 2009, 11:19 PM
:w*w::w*w::w*w::w*w:

Nanette

Phoebe
16th August 2009, 11:28 PM
Oh my goodness Brian, she is beautiful.
Congratulations to you and your family. :D

Margaret C
16th August 2009, 11:33 PM
:w*w::w*w::w*w::w*w:

Nanette

She most certainly is beautiful.

Congratulations Brian, and best wishes and thank you for what you are doing, to the owners of both her parents.

Mom of Jato
17th August 2009, 12:13 AM
Lily is just beautiful! Congratulations on having a full set- that is so cool! b*n*n*

Daisy's Mom
17th August 2009, 01:26 AM
Congratulations, Brian! I hope you didn't have to completely sell yourself down the river to get agreement on her from your wife! I can't even imagine what mountains I would have to move to ever get agreement on a 2nd dog! You must be very persuasive.

Lily's a beauty! And, Daisy, oh Daisy -- is she ever a stunner! Of course I'm partial because she looks a whole lot like my own beloved Daisy! :) If I remember correctly, you said you do have her trimmed regularly, right? If my Daisy could look that luxurious after a trim, I'm willing to try! I have been too afraid she would come back with a short do and I would be devastated.

Lani
17th August 2009, 01:30 AM
OMG ...!! Lily is sooo gorgeous!!! :l*v:

Congratulations on completing the set!!

chloe92us
17th August 2009, 02:14 AM
I had a feeling this was in the works...congrats! She's a beauty! I have a very soft spot for B&T's- I have a 9 YO foster girl right now who is pulling my heart strings!

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

Mindysmom
17th August 2009, 02:16 AM
She's gorgeous! Congrats!

jasperpaw
17th August 2009, 07:54 AM
Congratulations Brian, Dawn and Luke, Lily is beautiful and the name really suits her, how is she getting on with all her sisters.:luv:

renate
17th August 2009, 09:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!
what a beauty:luv:

Honeylyn
17th August 2009, 10:06 AM
She's lovely Brian.

lorebringer
17th August 2009, 10:34 AM
Beautiful! You all have many years of fun and games ahead of you - they are all just gorgeous :lotsaluv:

Karlin
17th August 2009, 12:23 PM
Great news! Now you will have to go get the full set photographed for your avatar pic... :rotfl:

sins
17th August 2009, 01:00 PM
and have a new oil painting commissioned..... :mona:

Shelli
17th August 2009, 02:03 PM
Congratulations Brian :jump:
She is beautiful :lotsaluv:

Aileen
17th August 2009, 02:07 PM
She is BEAUTIFUL:l*v::l*v:
---Aileen and the dog (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Phoebe
17th August 2009, 02:26 PM
Brian, I just looked at Lily's photos again. She's lovely, how you got the breeder to part with her, I don't know.....you must have had to beg ..big style! :lol:
How are all the girls getting along?
Our new baby Gracie was the only girl in her litter and the breeder wanted her for showing, but she had a tiny bit of white on her and the breeder was praying for it to disappear. Fortunately for us, it became more obvious instead of less. So she's ours!!
Make sure you post about how all the girls are getting along :p

team bella
17th August 2009, 02:53 PM
She is sooooooooo beautiful:flwr: Brian. Can't wait to hear how gets on. Well done:)

jld
17th August 2009, 04:23 PM
She is gorgeous....I can only imagine the attention you will get when you take them all out together. They are all beautiful.

Louise1823
17th August 2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats Brian! Lily is beautiful, and her pics show perfectly the exact reason why I have such a soft spot for Black & Tans - she's ADORABLE!:l*v::l*v:

Sabby
17th August 2009, 05:01 PM
She is gorgeous.
When are you introducing her to the teeth cleaning routine?

*Pauline*
17th August 2009, 05:23 PM
Brian she's lovely. Would you tell us what her personality is like please?

I'm also a big fan on Daisy, you couldn't get a more feminine looking Cavalier.

Sandrac
17th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Brain a big icon_welcome to your new addition. She is absolutely gorgeous. You will certainly have your hands full now with all four of them.:jmp2:

Brian M
17th August 2009, 05:31 PM
Hi
Thank you for all your comments ,I started on her teeth last night best start as we intend to continue but it was not as intense yet as the other three ,we are taking them out for 20 Min's after Luke and I get back from his Karate tonight but I am dragging Dawn along as an extra pair of arms just in case ,also with Luke being off school he takes them for three short walks every day though only two at a time and the report I have about Lily is that she walks on her lead and harness fine so I presume with her having been around the show ring she is more than used to a lead .Dawn has told me she climbed into a crate to lay alongside Rosie who after 10 secs got up and changed beds and Poppy did the same when she lay down by her ,so it looks as though The Pack haven't accepted her yet but it also seems they are not too bothered by this little intruder who may just go away anytime soon .Poppy occasionally just quietly growls if Lily gets a bit to close for comfort while Daisy is just Daisy and seems quite indifferent to her but I think Rosie who is now not the baby feels a tinge of jealously so I will have to ensure I pet the established three as normal when I get home ,but any other ideas pls .:)

Daisy's Mom
17th August 2009, 06:43 PM
...while Daisy is just Daisy and seems quite indifferent to her

That cracked me up as that is exactly how Daisy treats our fosters! (Well, at least that's how she treats them AFTER the first few minutes when she wants to rush up on them and bowl them over a couple of times just to show them that she will not be pushed around by them. She's quite the Queen of the Castle.) It sounds like our two Daisy's may be very similar in terms of both personality and looks!

JoanS
17th August 2009, 07:44 PM
A great addition to a beautiful family! Congratulations! :lotsaluv:

heather r
17th August 2009, 08:37 PM
So happy for you in having a truly beautiful 4somecl*pcl*pcl*pcl*p

I hope that the others will soon accept Lily as a new member of the pack!

Looking forward to more photos of all four.:mexwav:

Heather R

harleyfarley
17th August 2009, 08:55 PM
I just cant beleive it, what a glutton for punishment you are brian, di

meljoy
17th August 2009, 10:05 PM
What a pretty face she has......
Congrats on your new addition

Mel

harrysmum
17th August 2009, 10:28 PM
I!ve just come home from a weekend away & :w*w:theres exciting news to catch up on!! Can't say I,m surprised at your news Brian, have thought you were destined to have the full set! Lily certainly is a beautiful addition to your furry family. Hope that the staus quo is soon reached & that all 4 girls become the best of friends. Congratulations!!:)

Love my Cavaliers
17th August 2009, 10:37 PM
I added my 4th when Madison,the baby of the family at the time, was 4. She has never fully accepted Oz and will rarely play with him except the rare tug-of-war. She doesn't move though when he lies down next to her and they actually sleep in the same crate at night, but she really wants nothing to do with him most other times. She will actually taunt him with toys by making sure that he sees that she has a toy and then hiding it underneath her which absolutely drives him crazy and then drives me crazy because he is very vocal about his frustration. He won't try to get it from her though. The other three have taken to him nicely. Oliver, my 8 yr old, is the only one who plays with him though since Riley has SM and doesn't really play any more. Hopefully Poppy and Rosie will come around. At least they are tolerating Lily, that's a good start! Good luck. If you ever learn how to walk all four at the same time let me know. I also walk mine two by two - so two walks for me every time they go out! You'd think I'd be skinny!

patg
18th August 2009, 01:29 AM
Hi Brian, Congratulations on your new addition, Lily. My Riley, 2 1/2 male B&T, thinks she is just sooo beautiful too. :p:p He thinks I ought to get him a new sister now.;) Best wishes from us for many happy days together.
Pat & Riley New Jersey

SuzRN
18th August 2009, 05:06 AM
Congrats on the new addition. So beautiful a fabulous addition to your pack, and now a full set (what I consider getting the brass ring):rah:

Jpup
18th August 2009, 09:29 AM
She is a little stunner and I am so jealous. Congratulations :)

Dublin
18th August 2009, 10:14 AM
Congrats Brian - Lilys a stunner!!!

shippers
18th August 2009, 10:42 AM
Congratulations Lily is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more photos of her.

Jan Bell
18th August 2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Brian,

Congratulations on your new addition - she is lovely. I showed Rufus (my B&T) and he says that they could make beautiful puppies together - subject to the necessary protocols and health checks! He is a very sensible dog, my Rufus.

I am worried about the teeth cleaning though. I have visions of you coming home from work and having to start straight away to do all four.....

Cuddles to your "pack".

Best wishes,

Brian M
18th August 2009, 04:42 PM
Hi

We took all four of them to a small local park which is quite secure and as normal when about 50 mtrs in we let Poppy ,Daisy and Rosie off lead and then a deep breath off went Lily ,and she was fine just went galloping after the other three and seems to bounce up and down like a little gazelle when she runs and she came back to us no problem at all ,so thats a big relief lifted .So with it being reasonable weather again tonight Luke can miss his class and we can all go out to a larger park and this time take half a dozen tennis balls and my camera .Bedtime last night was a bit of a disaster we had rhe four crates side by side in the living room in the order of Poppy,Lily,Rosie and Daisy on the end and Dawn and I retired to bed ,I have the radio on by me with a little headphone stuffed down one ear so I normally doze off fairly quickly ,so according to Dawn Lily started barking almost stright away so she left her for a bit but the barking continued and according to her version I started snoring and a couple of night jars or similar started twittering by an air brick so all this accumulated noise became too much to bear so up got Dawn down she went and sent all four of them upstairs (apart from Lily who was carried ) to join me on the bed. So for tonights sleeping arrangements we are trying Poppy, Daisy and Rosie as normal in their crates downstairs and upstairs with us shall be be Lily ,but is that going to upset the balance and create jelousy I dont know:confused: ,but I am sure as always it will sort its own way out given time.:-)

Charlifarley
18th August 2009, 05:06 PM
Congratulations Brian and family on your new arrival, she is just as gorgeous as the other three. I have no idea how your new sleeping arrangements will work out, except to say 'good luck' :rolleyes: