• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Misty's ate a peach stone

murphy's mum

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach just now. I came home late today, as I had a Physio appointment. Hubby was not long in the door himself, the first thing he asked me was if I had thrown a peach stone into the small wicker bin.:confused:

I had done, yesterday. It seems he had seen me coming up the path, and turned round to see Misty swallowing something which he though was a peach stone. I looked through the bin and it was gone right enough.:yikes

I immediately called ours vets and took her in. They checked her over, but couldn't do anything tonight, as she'd eaten. She's being fasted now, and will be taken back in tomorrow morning. She needs an x-ray to confirm the stone is there, and what condition its in. If it has broken up, which we doubt as she swallowed it in one gulp, then they will let her pass it if the fragments are small enough. If not its an operation to remove it, and then a couple of days spent under the vets care, as the risk of infection is very high:(

I feel so stupid, I don't put food in the wee bin, for obvious reasons, but didn't consider the peach stone at all:mad:

She's been at the vets more often that I can remember since we rescued her, poor lamb. First it was ear trouble, then a sore leg, an eye operation the other month, and a stomach upset only 2 weeks ago. We haven't even had her a year. I don't know if my Hubby and I are cursed or if it's my poor little Misty.

I can't stand the thought of not having her here for 2 or 3 days, and god knows how she'll react. I hope she doesn't think she's been abandoned.

Fingers crossed she will be ok...don't feel bad it was a mistake any one of us could have made.

I was praying she would be sick and bring it up, but she's been fine. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed she's okay.

Good luck tomorrow,hopefully it'll pass through, but getting an x ray is the most sensible thing.Try not to think too far ahead and just try and get some sleep tonight.I know it's very worrying for you but whatever happens the vet will do what's right in the circumstances.
Sins

:xfngr: fingers crossed and paws that nature takes its course and no op is required. Keep us posted & good luck

Oh Misty girl :(.

(( hugs )), Paula - I'm sure it'll all go ok. Thinking of you both and Misty. Please give her a kiss for me cos she's a special one.

I can only imagine how worried you are but thank goodness you know what she ate and caught her doing it. Will be thinking about you.

Well we're off to the vets in 10 minutes. I'm exhausted, I couldn't sleep. All these terrible things kept floating around in my head. I went downstairs at 2am for a cup of tea, and the two of them were sound asleep:slp:

What a look I got for disturbing them:rolleyes:

We had extra long cuddles in bed this morning, Misty loves to lie with her cheek against mine:luv:

Thanks very much for the support everyone. I'll post later :hug:

Hope it went well today and Misty is ok - thank goodness you knew it had happened.

Bless her Misty is such a sweetheart - I met her when "Misty" on the board was fostering her - she was adorable.

Hope it went well today and Misty is ok - thank goodness you knew it had happened.

Bless her Misty is such a sweetheart - I met her when "Misty" on the board was fostering her - she was adorable.

Oh Nicki, I'd forgotten you'd met Misty - of course it was November when we saw you, I remember now :).

She's a real poppet.

She's had her op, and is in recovery now. She's on a drip for fluids, and medication. They want to keep her lightly sedated tonight, and she may need to be kept in all weekend:(

The main thing is she's doing okay:-D The stone had started to leave the stomach so it was a bit tricky to retrieve it. He checked the rest of her intestines too, as there was a lot of gassy build up.

The duty nurse will try and call me later to let me know how she is. I'm not allowed to see her, as they want to keep her quite. I have to call again mid-morning to get another update, and they should know then how long she will be in for. I'll be asking to visit her tomorrow if they are keeping her all weekend though.

We just need to keep hoping she doesn't get an infection:xfngr:

Back