• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Night Time Antics

Tania

Dougall has for sometime always wanted to get up and have a pee at around 2.30am and sometimes he wants to go again 5am. My husband has always been happy to allow this even though I have suggested we ignore him. He always goes for a pee at 11pm, I have taken him for long walks in the evening and even tried using an alarm clock with a view to waking him later and later. Sometimes when he gets up he just sniffs and takes in the night air. Until now my husband has gone along with it. Last night however, Dougall barked the whole night. He normally sleeps in our room, we confined him to the kitchen but it didn't make any difference. He is normally very loving and docile, it would seem he prefers night to day. Any ideas?

When Oz started doing this about six months ago, I put him back in his crate. It only took one night of him whining and banging on the crate for him to get the idea. Now, he just stays in his crate quietly until I get him up in the morning. I'll probably try him out of the crate again soon to see ow he does, but I'm fine if he has to stay in the crate at night for a long time or for ever. I put a sheet over it to make it darker and more cozy.

My dog Charlie sometimes wakes up in the morning at about 5:00 so we have to let him out, he normally just barks at the door.

Back