• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strange lump on back of neck - Bluebell.

emmawright

Hi Everyone - just wanted to ask you all - we just had Bluebell up on our lap and was stroking her and noticed that she has quite a large lump on the back of her neck (kinda between the shoulder blades and the neck). It feels pretty large - maybe the size of a golf ball or a bit bigger. It's odd as she's never had this before. George said maybe she has been stung - but i said i wouldn't have thought that it will be that large.

Poor Bluebell, recently its one thing or another... any help would be great.

If it is there in the morning then i will call the vet and take her down.

Has she recently been vaccinated? Sometimes they can have a reaction to the vaccine.

If it's still there tomorrow I would definitely get her checked out - I know sometimes it feels like we live at the vets but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Chloe only recently had a lump removed from the exact same spot. We had it biopsied and were told it was an allergic reaction she had from one of her earlier vaccines.
Im sure it would be no harm to bring her to the vets for them to check it out and give their opinion - it will give you piece of mind too.

She had a vaccine booster in June, so not that recent, certainly better to be safe than sorry, i will call the vet in the morning... you just kind of worry when its on the neck - especially with this breed.

if it was done in june and that is the injection site, it is a 90% chance of a reaction to the vac. Ring your vet just to be sure, but Anna had one on her leg for 3 months after her final vacs.

Back