• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Dog Bowls...

Charlotte

Hi everyone,

I was cleaning out Charlie's bowls today, and i was looking at them and they looked really dirty and old. We've had them since he was a puppy. So we want to get a new food bowl and a new water bowl.

Does anyone know any good sites where they sell some nice bowls for dog's, which arn't to dear.?
If you can put the website please, i would be very gratefull :lotsaluv: :) :-D
Thank-You

Since your getting new, I would recommend actually getting a Spaniel Bowl. One made for spaniels that is. I really LOVE MINE!

Spaniel Bowls are really really hard to find and therefore pricey in the US (dear = pricey, right?).

I found this site in the UK that isn't cheap but not nearly as much as what you'd pay in the US for Spaniel bowls ... I thought of ordering from them:

http://www.chow-bella.org.uk/2.html

I'd only get the spaniel bowl for water though. I got mine from www.spanielbowls.com, but they are pretty expensive. I love it, but it's not cheap. For food, we just use a snood if I'm feeding something messy.

Good luck with your new bowls!

Those bowls are really nice but are quite expensive. I love that you can get their names on them though :D

I am also in the market for new bowls so if anyone knows of any perhaps less expensive/less fancy bowls (im a poor student!!) I would be grateful to hear from you.

I think the stainless bowls are the most reasonable and last longest. They also are easy to clean and don't get gunked up. ;)

Those bowls are really nice but are quite expensive. I love that you can get their names on them though :D

I am also in the market for new bowls so if anyone knows of any perhaps less expensive/less fancy bowls (im a poor student!!) I would be grateful to hear from you.

Same here

I brought two new bowls from pets at home a couple of weeks back. Both my two had a stainless steel one that were the same but because I feed them different amounts I often got them mixed up. I now have a pink one for Dotty and a blue one for Ziggy. They are none slip plastic and cost under £4 each not very big bowls but do hold enough food in them.

I just use small metal or ceramic bowls. Smaller is better -- first off you are less likely to overfeed and also keeps their ears out. Most commercial spaniel bowls (ALL of them that I've ever found!) are actually too big for most cavaliers -- they are designed for cockers, springers etc. The Chow Bella ones are for cavaliers and really lovely but expensive because they are handmade.

With dogs running around, most f my ceramic ones have broken so I now use stainless with a non-slip rubber bottom. These go in the dishwasher regularly and are really easy to use and keep clean. They are cheap too. They re about 6 inches in diameter.I'd have preferred deeper, narrower bowls but this was all they had (I got them wholesale so saw all the ranges).

But I actually like just the cute inexpensive ceramic ones you can get at pet shops, about 2-3 inches deep and about 5 or 6 inches across. I was tied of broken dishes though as someone was always cracking one while chasing a ball or spinning for a treat...

Mine use stainless and I find I like the way they clean and I don't think the dogs care as long as it contains the essential -food :). I mark part of the rim with nail polish and it doesn't need reapplying too often- 4 dogs,3 different dog foods. Mine go in a cupboard when they're done, so not visible during day.

Zooplus have some nice bowls and they deliver. Stainless steel is the easiest to deal with on a day to day basis - dishwasher friendly, *nearly* unbreakable and they don't get as grimey as plastic. Also easy on the wallet ;)

Back