• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still useful?

Kate H

A friend has had a puppy enquiry from someone who has just lost their elderly Cavalier at the age of 11. This dog developed a Grade 1 heart murmur at the age of 7 and by the time he was put to sleep had a Grade 5 murmur. His vet had been treating him for SM for about 4 years - unscanned, but apparently the symptoms were unmistakeable. The dog was put to sleep because the vet had run out of pain control options and surgery was not an option given his age and heart condition.

My friend asked me whether this dog's pedigree would still be useful for the EBV database, even though the dog has no MRI results? If so, she will try and persuade the owner to let her submit it.

Incidentally, the elderly Cavalier came from a well-known kennel; reaction of the breeder when told that one of her puppies had had both MVD and SM - 'All the dogs I breed are healthy, I don't have heart or SM problems in my line' :swear:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back