PDA

View Full Version : What to write on dog tag for an SM dog?

*Pauline*
28th August 2009, 03:04 AM
I know some of you have details of what to do in an emergency written on your dogs tag. I was just hoping you would would be able to give me some ideas of what to write for an SM dog please. Dylan only wears a tag on his harness when we go out but you never know what might happen and he needs pills 3 times a day.

lorebringer
28th August 2009, 09:54 AM
Maybe "requires medication 3 times daily", something like "contact vet/owner immediately if found" and "has lifelong illness". I have my contact details and my vets contact details on my dogs tags. I got mine from boomerangtags.com - great site and service, and they fit loads onto the tag for you.

Kate H
28th August 2009, 12:08 PM
On a slightly different point - I keep a small card in my purse telling people that I have dogs and the contact details for a friend who will look after them in an emergency - it's not just the dog running off, but me being involved in an accident or taken ill when I'm out without them, or being taken off to hospital and they're left behind at the side of the road or in a shop etc. I hope nothing ever happens! But I live alone, with not very reliable neighbours either side, so my dogs could be left shut in for hours - even days if no-one heard them barking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Karlin
28th August 2009, 12:21 PM
Leo's tag just says he 'needs medication daily'.

*Pauline*
28th August 2009, 12:54 PM
Leo's tag just says he 'needs medication daily'.

Yep, that is short enough. I have so much on my tags already I needed something brief. I don't have my vets number on there, will do that too.

Thanks everyone. :)

*Pauline*
28th August 2009, 12:55 PM
On a slightly different point - I keep a small card in my purse telling people that I have dogs and the contact details for a friend who will look after them in an emergency - it's not just the dog running off, but me being involved in an accident or taken ill when I'm out without them, or being taken off to hospital and they're left behind at the side of the road or in a shop etc. I hope nothing ever happens! But I live alone, with not very reliable neighbours either side, so my dogs could be left shut in for hours - even days if no-one heard them barking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think that idea needs a separate thread, what a good, very important idea.

Lynn
28th August 2009, 03:53 PM
I simply put 'needs meds' on my tags because of limited space. :)