• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What to write on dog tag for an SM dog?

*Pauline*

I know some of you have details of what to do in an emergency written on your dogs tag. I was just hoping you would would be able to give me some ideas of what to write for an SM dog please. Dylan only wears a tag on his harness when we go out but you never know what might happen and he needs pills 3 times a day.

Maybe "requires medication 3 times daily", something like "contact vet/owner immediately if found" and "has lifelong illness". I have my contact details and my vets contact details on my dogs tags. I got mine from boomerangtags.com - great site and service, and they fit loads onto the tag for you.

On a slightly different point - I keep a small card in my purse telling people that I have dogs and the contact details for a friend who will look after them in an emergency - it's not just the dog running off, but me being involved in an accident or taken ill when I'm out without them, or being taken off to hospital and they're left behind at the side of the road or in a shop etc. I hope nothing ever happens! But I live alone, with not very reliable neighbours either side, so my dogs could be left shut in for hours - even days if no-one heard them barking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

On a slightly different point - I keep a small card in my purse telling people that I have dogs and the contact details for a friend who will look after them in an emergency - it's not just the dog running off, but me being involved in an accident or taken ill when I'm out without them, or being taken off to hospital and they're left behind at the side of the road or in a shop etc. I hope nothing ever happens! But I live alone, with not very reliable neighbours either side, so my dogs could be left shut in for hours - even days if no-one heard them barking.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think that idea needs a separate thread, what a good, very important idea.

Back