PDA

View Full Version : Rosie Urgent To Vets

Brian M
29th August 2009, 08:31 AM
Hi

Rosie is yelping for no reason ,when I pick her up she cries and is very subdued she was fine last night so the vets open at 8.15 am and I shall be at the door.:(

jasperpaw
29th August 2009, 08:41 AM
Sorry to read about Rosie Brian, they are a worry are`nt they. Let us know how you get on at the vets.

Charlotte
29th August 2009, 09:32 AM
Aaww, poor Rosie i hope it nothing serious!

Keep us informed!!

Justine
29th August 2009, 10:42 AM
Let us know if she is ok.

sins
29th August 2009, 10:59 AM
What has the vet said Brian? Is everything ok?
Sins

Tania
29th August 2009, 12:10 PM
Our fingers an paws are crossed it is nothing serious.

pippa
29th August 2009, 12:26 PM
Sending positive thoughts for Rosie....hope it's nothing serious.

Shelli
29th August 2009, 01:29 PM
Hope all goes well at the vets. Give Rosie a gentle hug from us :hug:

Karlin
29th August 2009, 01:57 PM
Let us know as soon as you know. :(

Dublin
29th August 2009, 02:13 PM
An news Brian???

Brian M
29th August 2009, 03:03 PM
Hi

Puzzling we went to our first vets as I don't know the opening time of the new ones ,so we were there at 8.05 with no appointment they opened at 8.30 and the receptionists opening comment was no appointment you will have to wait ,but Mr Marsden one of the two proprietors was on and so we went in first at 8.45.Her temp is fine and I tempted her to eat some Butchers wet food prior to going but she seems very tender around her back end and her hind legs the vet homed in on my comment that from our back garden they have to jump up about 300 mm into the back porch but Rosie waited for Dawn to lift her in but then again she came up the stairs to me and jumped on the bed but like all Cavs who are not well shes very clingy and just wants to stay by me ,so Mr Marsden concluded a strained back muscle and gave her a pain killer injection and said no walks just rest and to keep an eye on her .So really a bit inconclusive ,but my big fear is her patella or hips so on the way back we stopped at the park to give the other three a quick run and I popped Rosie down and watched her follow me which was an effort for her but she did walk what seemed normal about 30 Mtrs then sat down ,so we scooped her up and took her back to the car .For Rosie's Bank Holiday no walks for her and she can sleep upstairs in one of the travel crates for the next few days so i can watch and listen and hope it is just a leg or back strain from her enthusiastic rough and tumbles with Pops.Shes lying by me on the bed now and just rolled onto her back but yelped again so something is not right .I put Frontline on them all and gave them a Drontal last night but my fear is still her hips and patella .:(

Shelli
29th August 2009, 03:57 PM
Its very frustrating when your not sure whats wrong with them :mad:
Hopefully its just a strained muscle and with lots of rest she'l be fine. Keep us updated :flwr:

harleyfarley
29th August 2009, 04:18 PM
I just hope rosies ok brian and its a temp thing, finger crossed, di

renate
29th August 2009, 04:25 PM
i hope it is 'just' a strained muscle!

do you have a chiropractor in your area, who can feel for irregularities of the joints and back?
these people often can find things which many vets don't notice. (not to say anyhting bad about vets!)

Claire L
29th August 2009, 04:33 PM
I have been checking in on this thread throughout the day but only got time to post now. I'm so sorry this has happened to poor Rosie. Did the Vet give her any anti- inflams?

Something similar happened to my Rudee years ago and I didn't allow her to jump up on anything or climb up or down steps (even one step) it took about a week for her to come right again.

I hope Rosie has just strained herself whilst playing and hopefully some crate rest will see her improve over the next few days.

Give her a gentle kiss from me :lotsaluv::hug:

Charlotte
29th August 2009, 04:50 PM
Aaww, i hope she makes a full recovery and is back to her old self VERY SOON! :-)

jasperpaw
29th August 2009, 04:54 PM
Hoping with a few days rest Rosie will feel a lot better.:)

pippa
29th August 2009, 05:09 PM
A similar thing happened to Gus about 6 yrs ago a course of anti-inflams sorted him out.

I hope Rosie will be well soon.

Margaret C
29th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Poor Rosie,

Hopefully it is a muscle strain that will settle with rest & anti-inflammatories, and she will soon be playing with the others again.

jld
29th August 2009, 06:15 PM
Definitely thinking of you and Rosie. Keep us posted.....

Brian M
29th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi

Just spent 30 mins typing an update and Daisy wanders up for a cuddle which I duly oblige ,then jealous bum Lily come over and walks all over my laptop and deletes everything ,Cavaliers are fun to have around.:swear: Start again she ie. Lily comes over to lick my nose and deletes it all once more :swear::swear: now Pops is up to see whats happening .

jasperpaw
29th August 2009, 07:45 PM
Ah bless them Brian, but you would`nt have it any other way would you.:D

Brian M
29th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Hi
Took Poppy ,Daisy and Rosie to the park for a walk and left Rosie at home for some quiet R and R though I think poor Daisy missed Rosie as she had nobody to chase and Lily is not into that game yet .Upon our return we all went out back where there is around 3 dozen tennis balls scattered around and I tried a little game of fetch which is Rosie's favorite and she did chase a couple of balls but we kept it to a short game and only rolling ,so things are looking brighter for us but I will keep it a quiet weekend for her and let her sleep by me just in case .Don't we all drop everything and put our Cavaliers first priority when one of them looks poorly its amazing how all members have that feeling ,Cavs First Humans Second or is it just us people on this magical forum.Even poor Luke came with me to the vets at 8 o clock as we took Lily as well so she could have a first check over and as Mr Marsden gave us prompt and considerate attention I decided to book Lily in for her spay and chip there on the 22 nd Sept on the proviso he performed the task ,he also spayed Pops ,Daisy and Rosie but I will integrate them into Cranmore over the coming booster injections.

Mindysmom
29th August 2009, 08:02 PM
Aww - yes - the deleting doggies:wink:

Brian, a similar thing happened to Mindy a few years ago. It WAS only a strain and after a few days of R&R she was good as new.

heather r
29th August 2009, 09:24 PM
Hope that Rosie continues to get better and tell Luke that he is a real trooper for going to the vet's on his birthday no less.

Heather R

harrysmum
29th August 2009, 09:36 PM
Hope Rosie is soon back to her normal self in no time, tho its hard work trying to keep them rested. :flwr:

Sandrac
29th August 2009, 09:51 PM
Poor Rosie - hope she is feeling better after some R & R and extra cuddles.:flwr:

tupup
29th August 2009, 10:41 PM
Oh Bri i hope Rosie is really well again soon, poor lamb:( Youve a good lad there in Luke going to the vets so early on his birthday.
How is Rosie now-any improvement?Did Lily get a good clean bill of health?
Had to laugh at deleting doglets-its hard enough to type with one or two on your knee but then a little paw will just go out for more balance & oops start again!:rolleyes:

SuzRN
30th August 2009, 06:19 AM
Hope Rosie is feeling better soon. You are right about dogs first then humans. Happens to me also. :o

Sabby
30th August 2009, 12:19 PM
So sorry to hear about Rosie. Hope she is going to make a quick recovery.:flwr:
My Ebony was diagnosed with patella but there was no need to operate. Going up to Scotland on holiday all the jumping in and out of the car started her limping again. But after a few days picking her up to put her into the car she was ok again.

Brian M
30th August 2009, 09:26 PM
Hi

All clear ,we went on our normal walk this morning along part of the Wirral Way by the beach and Rosie was as normal as normal so thankfully whatever it was has gone but I will make sure when we play ball I keep them on the ground ,thanks again all for the many kind posts:)

Shelli
30th August 2009, 09:49 PM
Glad to hear Rosie is doing much better. It must be such a relief for you Brian :)