• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rosie Urgent To Vets

Brian M

Hi

Rosie is yelping for no reason ,when I pick her up she cries and is very subdued she was fine last night so the vets open at 8.15 am and I shall be at the door.:(

Sorry to read about Rosie Brian, they are a worry are`nt they. Let us know how you get on at the vets.

Hi

Puzzling we went to our first vets as I don't know the opening time of the new ones ,so we were there at 8.05 with no appointment they opened at 8.30 and the receptionists opening comment was no appointment you will have to wait ,but Mr Marsden one of the two proprietors was on and so we went in first at 8.45.Her temp is fine and I tempted her to eat some Butchers wet food prior to going but she seems very tender around her back end and her hind legs the vet homed in on my comment that from our back garden they have to jump up about 300 mm into the back porch but Rosie waited for Dawn to lift her in but then again she came up the stairs to me and jumped on the bed but like all Cavs who are not well shes very clingy and just wants to stay by me ,so Mr Marsden concluded a strained back muscle and gave her a pain killer injection and said no walks just rest and to keep an eye on her .So really a bit inconclusive ,but my big fear is her patella or hips so on the way back we stopped at the park to give the other three a quick run and I popped Rosie down and watched her follow me which was an effort for her but she did walk what seemed normal about 30 Mtrs then sat down ,so we scooped her up and took her back to the car .For Rosie's Bank Holiday no walks for her and she can sleep upstairs in one of the travel crates for the next few days so i can watch and listen and hope it is just a leg or back strain from her enthusiastic rough and tumbles with Pops.Shes lying by me on the bed now and just rolled onto her back but yelped again so something is not right .I put Frontline on them all and gave them a Drontal last night but my fear is still her hips and patella .:(

Its very frustrating when your not sure whats wrong with them :mad:
Hopefully its just a strained muscle and with lots of rest she'l be fine. Keep us updated :flwr:

i hope it is 'just' a strained muscle!

do you have a chiropractor in your area, who can feel for irregularities of the joints and back?
these people often can find things which many vets don't notice. (not to say anyhting bad about vets!)

I have been checking in on this thread throughout the day but only got time to post now. I'm so sorry this has happened to poor Rosie. Did the Vet give her any anti- inflams?

Something similar happened to my Rudee years ago and I didn't allow her to jump up on anything or climb up or down steps (even one step) it took about a week for her to come right again.

I hope Rosie has just strained herself whilst playing and hopefully some crate rest will see her improve over the next few days.

Give her a gentle kiss from me :lotsaluv::hug:

A similar thing happened to Gus about 6 yrs ago a course of anti-inflams sorted him out.

I hope Rosie will be well soon.

Poor Rosie,

Hopefully it is a muscle strain that will settle with rest & anti-inflammatories, and she will soon be playing with the others again.

Back