PDA

View Full Version : anal gland abscess

renate
29th August 2009, 03:13 PM
my poor little frida seems to be the one who gets it all......
I had to take her to the vet first thing yesterday morning becuase of a large abscess in the right side anal gland.
thursday when i lifted her from the car (with a hand under her bottom) she made a small whimper. which is her gentle way of telling me: 'please don't touch me there, this is a problem for me'. i felt for enlarged glands, but found nothing, so i thought it was due to her problem of not having her right side femoral head.

yesterday morning she came to the bathroom while i was showering. i knew right away that something must be really wrong then. looking at her properly i could see the pain in her eyes, they were completely black, big, enlarged pupils, poor thing. i quickly found the abscess, the size of a pigeon's egg.

the op. went well, i picked her up yesterday afternoon, fit as a fiddle. today we roamed throught the fields, frida running at full speed.

we were supposed to go to germany today, but i'd rather let her rest a day after the anaestetic and take the long (6-7 hours) trip tomorrow.

i am so pleased that my little darling is well again!

Brian M
29th August 2009, 03:27 PM
Hi renate

I hope frida continues improving it must have been horrible for her ,my girls and us humans send lots of get better soon wishes and hugs.

Shelli
29th August 2009, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear Frida is doing much better :flwr:

Claire L
29th August 2009, 03:41 PM
Aww Frida, you poor little poppet - what a horrible thing to get.
I am glad it's all gone now and hopefully you can go on your hols soon :hug::lotsaluv:

jasperpaw
29th August 2009, 03:59 PM
Poor Frida, that abscess must have been so painful, glad she feeling a lot better.:)

harrysmum
29th August 2009, 08:56 PM
Poor little babe, glad the op has made her feel so much better its amazing how quickly they bounce back!:flwr:

meljoy
29th August 2009, 09:52 PM
Hi Renate,

Having been through this with Leo twice Im glad your little one appears to be getting over it so quickly

Mel:hug::hug::hug::hug:

team bella
29th August 2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Renate

Sorry to hear about Frida's problem, been through it with Bella and its horrible. :eek: Hope she makes a swift recovery
love Christine and Bella:lotsaluv:

tupup
29th August 2009, 10:50 PM
Renate im sorry to hear poor Frida has gone thro this,i hope she continues to improve,brave soul that she is:)