PDA

View Full Version : Where's the hair?

jankal
30th August 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I have two cavs. One is 10 months and the orther is nine months. The older female, a mismarked ruby, has beautiful feathering on her legs, ears, underbody and tail. The younger male, a bleinheim, has barely any feathering and the hair on his body is short. Should I give him some sort of supplement?

Sunflowerstar
30th August 2009, 05:13 PM
Give it more time they say by the time they are two years old they will have a full coat.:)

Karlin
30th August 2009, 05:44 PM
They are still just puppies and they are actually likely to lose a lot of their existing coat around now to 12 months. Also only some dogs have a heavy coat with full feathers and some take a long long time to come in (eg two years or more). Blenheims also overall tend to be less hairy than darker colours. Males tend to get coats at a slower pace than girls as well. I have a very fullcoated blenheim and one with quite short body hair and light feathering -- how an adult dog will look depends on the genes in those lines s/he inherited. So you will just have to wait and see, but really normally they are barely getting any feathering at the ages yours are. :thmbsup:

JeanKC
30th August 2009, 08:49 PM
Our Elvis pretty well blew his coat earlier this year at 3YO. He was slow to fill out in the first place, but had a beautiful coat for right about a year... then poof! Seems to be coming back now, but slowly. His tail still looks like a lion... a patch of hair at the end. :( Beauregard is just as hairy as ever.

edel
30th August 2009, 11:09 PM
JeanKC, I just love the name Beauregard :grin: