PDA

View Full Version : Mekuti

Tania
1st September 2009, 07:51 PM
I am not sure if anyone has already posted this but Mekuti make a balance harness for dogs with sensitive ears or head shy.....their website is interesting : The Harness is at the bottom of the page titled
Dog Harness with Neck clip to one side

http://www.mekuti.co.uk/harness_shop.htm#clip

Karlin
1st September 2009, 08:30 PM
That's interesting; thanks for the link! Might order one to try. I've never seen those. Did you get one?

Tania
1st September 2009, 10:21 PM
No, I was interested in their Neem products but at class tonight I
saw someone with one and they look very comfortable, so I will
order them from both Molly and Dougall.

*Pauline*
1st September 2009, 10:34 PM
The lady who designed these is very nice, she offered any help I needed when Dylan was diagnosed. The harness is brilliant. A step in harness is a little further from the next though. The double ended lead is still the one I use and is very soft in the hand. You must learn how to use this harness for it to work.

Tania
1st September 2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you for your advice, perhaps I will speak to them rather than order over the internet.

*Pauline*
1st September 2009, 10:55 PM
PLEASE NOTE

The harness has one or two clips. I made the mistake of asking for one clip. A spaniel because of it's ears needs two clips, you need to specify this. I returned mine and got one with two clips which at the time cost 1 more I think.

*Pauline*
1st September 2009, 11:02 PM
"The Mekuti Balance Dog Harness TM enables the handler to use two points of contact with the dog. When a dog pulls, you become part of their balancing technique. By using two connection points, you can withdraw one of the balance points before taking up the other. It is very simple. The end result is a dog that is unsure what he can lean into and therefore re-learns how to balance on his own four feet without relying on you - hence "Balance Harness". Once the dog has learnt this, you give fewer and fewer signals until he is walking alongside you without your input."

Justine
2nd September 2009, 10:09 AM
A good few of our costumers have those,for the larger dogs.

casshon
2nd September 2009, 04:10 PM
They look good. I might get one for Bella.

Thanks for the link and info :thmbsup: