• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Words fail me....

Oh what a terrible story..so glad it had a happy ending. Well done to the lady who adopted her:)

what a lovely little dog, i wonder what her story was, thats something i want to do one day, rescue a dog that really has no chance of being rehomed.
I dare not go to rescue centres as i would be bound to come home with god knows what and really havent the time to do it yet, but one day. What really draws me is not the lovely little lively dogs up at the bars who will find a home fairly easily but the ones who have given up all hope and dont bother.
Why does ireland have so many rescue centres and so many dogs, or is it they are all on the internet and it just seems like that?

So glad she was saved by this lady. Words fail me too as to how she could have been neglected so badly. She is a beautiful dog :lotsaluv:

Thank God she found a lovely home. We rescued Chrissie from the same shelter and this only confirms the wondeful work they do in rehoming these poor little dogs. Very well done to all at the shelter and the wonderful woman who took her in.

harleyfarley we have two rescue cavs and I could never emphasise enough how rewarding it is to rescue. I look at the two of them curled up at night in front of the fire and think about what could have been. I know now that neither of them will never have another minute of neglect in their lives. As for your question about unwanted dogs in Ireland. I have no idea of the answer. What baffles me about it is not just cases of unwanted animals (although that in itself is awful) but the absolutely horrific cases of cruelty. Gandhi made a statement about telling a lot about a nation by the way it treats it's animals. Not a nice thought. I'm just very thankful for the wonderful people on here that do such great work :)

There are many stories like this and none more tender-what a lovely face she has and how great that her adoptees could see past her horrible outer appearance.

Gandhi's staement
"Mahatma Gandhi once said 'the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated."

Sometimes this world shows a sad face with all the abuse and neglect of dependent creatures.

Back