• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scaredy cat Leo

meljoy

Hi,

Just need a bit of advice. Last week as Leo was coming through his dog flap in the kitchen door a small cupboard door came off its hinges and crashed to the floor narrowly missing him:yikes

He was obviously scared by this although it didnt hurt him. Anyway now he wont come through the kitchen door without someone being there. He's taken to scratching at the patio doors or just barking whilst sitting in the garden by the kitchen door.:bang:

As soon as someone goes in to the kitchen he comes in. So what should I do....ignore it or try something else......any ideas anyone.

Thanks Mel

I would practice with him for a day or so, frequently encouraging him to come in & out of the dog flap with a tasty little reward each time he does it.

The treats could be gradually reduced as he becomes more relaxed about using it again.

This is how I train puppies and visiting dogs to use our dog flap.

Poor Leo:(, I'm sure he'll be fine again in a few days if you follow Margaret's advice.

Thanks Margaret,
That sounds sensible....I'll try this. Im sure once he gains his confidence he'll be fine.

Mel:wggle:

Back