• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tupup Needs Support and Help Pls ASAP

Brian M

Hi
i am starting a thread on behalf of tupup who is to upset right now to do it ,I dont know all the facts but her little girl Ruby had severe diarrhoea today and tupup gave har a stopper tablet then shortly she strated loosing loads of blood out of the back ,tupup shot her round to the vets who are keeping her in over night on a drip and anti biotic injections ,and to be honest poor tupup is devestated but hopefully she will post an update and more info later ,but as for now as many words of support from members pls would be appreciated she really does need them she is so down.:(
brian

Dear Tupup, my thoughts are with you. All I can say is that I have read a few threads with the same description as Brian has given and remarkably they have all pulled through fine. Hang in there :hug:

I am so sorry to hear that tupup is having a bad time with her Rubes. She absolutely adores her girls and she must be beside herself.
I do hope that her little girl is on the mend very soon.
Heartfelt cuddles and hugs for tupup from me. x

Poor Ruby, I hope its not too serious. Please tell tupup that we are thinking of them both :hug::hug:
Thanks for letting us know Brian :)

Dear Tupup,

Thinking of you and Ruby.

Unfortunately *Pauline* is right, this is not that unusual, but it is very scary.
You have done the right thing getting her to your vet, but I know how hard it is to sit & think of your little girl ill and bewildered without her mum being there to comfort her.

I hope she can come home to you soon.

I hope it didn't appear I was making light of it. I just have been amazed lately when these cases are so frightening but they do pull through.

I do hope wee Ruby is ok - Tupup did the right thing in getting her promptly to the vets. This sounds like HGE which is a true emergency, but with prompt treatment they usually pull through.

Hugs for you Tupup and know that we are all thinking of you.

Get well soon to Ruby.
Looks like no time was wasted getting her to the vet and she's in the best place for treatment and we all hope for a quick and complete recovery.
Sins

Poor Ruby, wishing and hoping she is soon well, and will be back home.
Dear Tupup, I am thinking of you, :hug:

My thoughts and prayers are with tupup and Ruby.
Here is a bit about HGE
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/hemorrhagic-gastroenteritis-hge/page1.aspx

It is very scary, the smell and all the blood, but like others have said- with quick intervention by a vet things can turn around fast. I've had one cocker with it (had to be hospitalized)and I've had two dogs with explosive diarrhea that started to have blood in it.

Again, positive thoughts for Tupup and Ruby.....:hug:

Thank you

Brian youre a true pal,thank you for this
& thank you to you all for your support & kind wishes,im afraid im not handling things too well tonight so apart from making me cry more i really do appreciate your help

Little Ruby was fine today until 12pm & she had an accident in the staff room(she used the puppy pad tho im proud to say)from then she just got worse & worse(when poor Bri got a panicked call) & by 3.30 water was dripping out of her.Im happy to say she wasnt bleeding BUT the last twice she was this bad,she did so i fashioned her a nappy from a pup pad & she got rushed to the vets,they said from her history of bleeding she had to stay with them tonight on a drip& antibiotics,they will ring me tomorrow mid morning.She had no tempreture but was dehidrated,she wouldnt drink by herself so id been dripping water into her mouth.
I know she's in the right place tho i also know there is nobody there overnight & thats what i cant handle,of course they wouldnt let me sit with her thro the night & im sure she will be sleeping,if she starts bleeding there will be nobody with her & she will be frightened,also with Rubes being an ex puppy farm prisoner i promised her she would never be left in a cage/crate again:(& she never has spent 1 minute in one except at the vets since.
Jelly has been running around looking for Rubes & is really unsettled.Plse all keep fingers crossed we have her home tomorrow.In May they kept her 4 days with this!:eek: but i must think positively

Thanks again everyone,youre all special people:)

Topup, So sorry I am just seeing this now.

I am sending positive thoughts for little Ruby. I know how upset you must be having to leave her.

Fingers,toes,everything crossed that all will be much better in the morning.

Try to get some sleep or at least some rest and the night will go faster.

Sending hugs your way xx

Poor little Ruby; hope she is doing much better and you were right t get her in so quickly. Hope you will have good news in the morning and will feel a lot better then yourself too... :flwr:

I'm so sorry to hear this and can tell how distressed you are by your post. The good thing is you got her to the vet and pretty quickly too. Let's hope and pray that her drip and antibiotics kick in, she has a great night and is in good form tomorrow morning.

I cannot add a whole lot more than what has been said ... but I do understand what you are going through. Our Lhasa Julie had this when she was 13.5 and we were so scared that we might lose her, especially given her advanced age. It was just awful. so :hug:, because I know you need one!

I hope she comes homes soon ... you must miss her terribly, but she's in the right place for now. The vet knows what she needs and can make sure she gets it so she gets better soon. She's lucky to have a mom like you to look out for her.

Hugs to you and Ruby, hopefully all the interventions will perk her up soon.:hug::hug::hug:

Poor Ruby, I sure hope she is on the mends really soon. It is understandable that you are worried. I would be too. Just to reiterate what has been said. You did the right thing to get her to the vet's quickly. Not too long ago, Gem had a bout of bloody vomit and bloody stools. Scared the heck out of me. Turned out she had acute pancreatitis. She responded well to medication.

Sending good thoughts your way.

J.

So sorry to read about poor Ruby, hope she recovers soon and will be back home with you and little Jelly, sending you big hugs.:hug:

Back