PDA

View Full Version : We are 5 again - welcome Oskar!

misty
3rd September 2009, 02:37 PM
I'd like to announce the arrival of Oskar :).

Oskar is an 8 month old tri-colour, who has come to us from a really reputable breeder. I haven't had a cavalier from a breeder for about 8 years, but after the sudden loss of Buttons, we didn't feel ready for another rescue - I'm hoping in time to be able to do some more for needy cavs, but we need to look after ourselves as a family after so much heartache recently.

Oskar is lovely, very loving and fun. Cazy's being a madam with him (no surprise there ;)) and the others are ok, although Marlon's not playing with him yet. We know it'll take time :).

All the healthchecks have been done on his parents and his litter sister has been scanned and has a normal skull, which hopefully is encouraging :).

Piccie to follow.

ppotterfield
3rd September 2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome to Oskar!! I am sure he will make his own place in your home and in your hearts. And yes, we want photos!!

sins
3rd September 2009, 03:13 PM
Congratulations.This is wonderful news:).
I'm really looking forward to seeing the piccies.
Sins

Rj Mac
3rd September 2009, 03:55 PM
Congratulations, looking forward to seeing some pics :snap::jmp2::thmbsup:

Brian M
3rd September 2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Oskar

And wellcome to you I am sure misty will soon put some photos up so we can all see your beautifil face.:):)

Shelli
3rd September 2009, 04:33 PM
:jump: Congratulations :jump:

Welcome Oskar, looking forward to seeing lots of pics :)

Cathy T
3rd September 2009, 04:38 PM
That's wonderful news!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

harleyfarley
3rd September 2009, 04:43 PM
he sounds adorable, why at 8 months, and wheres the pics, di :grin:

misty
3rd September 2009, 06:11 PM
he sounds adorable, why at 8 months, and wheres the pics, di :grin:

He was being run-on as a potential show dog, but luckily for us he developed freckles :) hee hee.

Photo after I've cooked our dinner, promise.

harleyfarley
3rd September 2009, 06:19 PM
oh dear that sounds serious "freckles" is it treatable, well guess youll just have to cope, im waiting for the photo. di

Phoebe
3rd September 2009, 06:41 PM
Congratulations! Looking forward to photos :p

murphy's mum
3rd September 2009, 07:11 PM
What great news. I can't wait to see pictures of him :D

Karlin
3rd September 2009, 08:21 PM
Congrats on the new addition! Look forward to pictures and news! :)

pippa
3rd September 2009, 08:42 PM
He sounds adorable,can't wait to see pics!

team bella
3rd September 2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome Oskar, :pi*no:we need some pictures please.

harrysmum
3rd September 2009, 09:39 PM
Congratulations on your new addition Oskar is a lovely name!:mexwav:

misty
3rd September 2009, 09:59 PM
Here's the likkle guy:

http://images.fotopic.net/1yfwjh.jpg

Oskar's kept Jennifer and I on our toes tonight :). He's had his head up the chimney, chewed a couple of shoes - in typical puppy style, he's played with everything that isn't a toy. :)

Before anyone worries, the fire wasn't on and we do have a fireguard for the winter :). Jen and I can settle for a while with our computers whilst he takes a nap - phew ;)

He's wonderful :)

tupup
3rd September 2009, 11:24 PM
Aw Oskars gorgeous! Congratulations on your new addition, i wish you many years of joy together:)

tloghman
4th September 2009, 02:40 AM
He is ADORABLE! And you know what? I read in a book by Sheila Smith that if a tri-color has freckles, it means he is LUCKY! And he is lucky to have you and Jennifer to love him!

Rj Mac
4th September 2009, 09:16 AM
He's stunning :thmbsup:

Shelli
4th September 2009, 09:39 AM
Oskar is gorgeous and by the sounds of it he'll keep you on your toes :D

jasperpaw
4th September 2009, 09:52 AM
Congratulations on the addition to you family, Oskar looks lovely.:)

Nicki
4th September 2009, 11:13 AM
Oskar is indeed very lucky, he is one very special wee man and I'm so thrilled that he and Fran have found each other.

Wishing you all many happy years together - it sounds like he is filling your house with love and fun already ;)

misty
4th September 2009, 11:24 AM
Oskar is indeed very lucky, he is one very special wee man and I'm so thrilled that he and Fran have found each other.

Wishing you all many happy years together - it sounds like he is filling your house with love and fun already ;)

Nicki, he's just like a tri-coloured Cailean in his ways :):). He bounds from one person to another, just so full of love and enthusiasm.

Sandrac
4th September 2009, 11:40 AM
:wggle:Congratulations of your new addition - he is just so handsome and those freckles really suit him.

Nicki
4th September 2009, 11:41 AM
ROFLOL and no doubt eating you out of house and home!!!

Honestly I don't think I've ever met a Cavalier with such a good appetite before - he'd eat cardboard if you offered it to him :eek:

He is like a St Bernard in that too!! I'm sure he should have been called Beethoven :)

murphy's mum
4th September 2009, 12:38 PM
Oh Fran, he's just precious :lotsaluv:

misty
4th September 2009, 03:31 PM
Oh Fran, he's just precious :lotsaluv:

When we went to his breeder's home on Tuesday, one of her bitches looked sooooooooo like Misty and was very much the same nature. Wanted to sneak her into my back-pack and bring her home too. :)

Oskar seems bomb-proof with cats, dogs, kids, men, women - like your Misty. Just hope he doesn't think he has to be such an adventurer as Misty. ;)

murphy's mum
4th September 2009, 08:10 PM
When we went to his breeder's home on Tuesday, one of her bitches looked sooooooooo like Misty and was very much the same nature. Wanted to sneak her into my back-pack and bring her home too. :)

Oskar seems bomb-proof with cats, dogs, kids, men, women - like your Misty. Just hope he doesn't think he has to be such an adventurer as Misty. ;)

LOL it sounds as though he may be, especially after being so nosey as to stick his head up the chimney:rotfl:

I had been try to talk Stuart into getting another, but I'll let Misty's wound heal first before I try again :D

heather r
5th September 2009, 10:04 PM
Oskar is certainly a keeper!. As for his freckles, he certainly doesn't have as many as do I;)

Heather R

Claire L
6th September 2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulations Fran :hug: I wish you many many happy years with Oskar :lotsaluv:

tsassykins
6th September 2009, 11:16 PM
Congratulations how wonderful Cant wait to see a pic of him.l
I can identify with your loss I just lost my cavalier of 9 years one week and 1 day ago and I am totally lost without him. I know in my heart I will have another cavalier.