frecklesmom
6th September 2009, 11:16 PM
See listings on Amazon-price 0.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/?tag=slickdeals

WoodHaven
7th September 2009, 01:15 AM
See listings on Amazon-price 0.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/?tag=slickdeals

Yes, but those outside the USA can't get whispernet 3G service. I really like my kindle-- all those books at my fingertips is so convenient.

Brenda in SC
8th September 2009, 12:28 AM
I've been considering getting a Kindle, but I guess I'm just a purist - I just love the feel of a book in my hands...turning pgs etc.

WoodHaven
8th September 2009, 01:37 AM
I've been considering getting a Kindle, but I guess I'm just a purist - I just love the feel of a book in my hands...turning pgs etc.

Yes, but to read a book you really liked and realized the sequel came out 6 months ago-- in a minute I can be reading the sequel. It is rather amazing technology. To have your whole library right in your hands-- need to check a book you read before-- again all amazing.

Love my Cavaliers
8th September 2009, 02:29 AM
I love my kindle, but there are things about it I don't like. You can't just browse back through the pages as easily as in a book. For example, if you forget what was first said about a character, then you have to do a search rather than just skimming back. And the location numbers in the book do not correlate to pages in a book since it depends on what size type you use. But, with my aging eyes, I can read every book in large type. Also, the screen lets you know how far into the bood you are by percentages (i.e., 27%; 58%) But sometimes it's hard to determine exactly how much of the book is left and if you can finish it it one sitting. With a real book, you can look and say "Oh, I have only 25 pages left'". But the things I love are that, like Sandy said, I can have a book at the drop of a hat. And it is absolutely great for taking on vacation. It fits in my purse easily and if I finish all my books, I can get another one instantaneously. I have about 6 unread books on my Kindle right now.
i got it in March and have aready read 29 books on it. I also bought a cover for it and that makes it more like reading a book. I can also get a preview of a book for free to see if I want to read it. And it's a good size preview - not just a few pages. It's not cheap, but I do really like it and recommend it.

Brenda in SC
8th September 2009, 11:52 AM
Ok, y'all convinced me! I had wanted one for Christmas last year, but my O/H had done research and figured out that a new one was forthcoming. So that, coupled with my indecision, prompted him to wait. (Plus, I was so preoccuppied with Rudy's arrival, I barely read a thing last winter!)