• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How many teats on your bitch ?

MARK MARSHALL

I have a bitch in whelp, subject to a scan tomorrow but things look good. Could still of course be a false pregnancy but sometimes its hard to tell.

Anyway, on checking her over last evening I counted her teats and arrived at the number 12. Then checked my other two bitches and they have 8 !

So would like to know if my Lana with 12 is an enigma or should the others have more ?

Please let me know your findings.

I do hope that the number of teats does not correlate to the pups inside !

Thanks, Mark

My lady has 10 nipples. 12 isn't too uncommon but this usually happens in bigger dogs.

Of course, all my boys have some random nipples left over from when they were in the womb - typical :rolleyes:

Lucy has 7. BUT if the two sides corresponded she would have 12. Some are missing altogether, and some have never developed.:eek: I've never given it much thought before, but I've not come across missing or undeveloped nipples in the past! I'll check Amber later and post hers later.

my little chin girls are very small and very hairy.
Hana had 9 and Bridgette, the maiden bitch, only 5 as far as I could see.

Has anyone else got a bitch with 12 teats ?

Oh dear, starting to worry now as bitch has 4 pups inside (seen on scan) but that could mean even more ?

She is about 5 weeks and 2 days in whelp but is eating well and expanding.

Now need to feed and keep her safe, awaiting that 63rd day ?

Just love puppies and seeing them through the first 10 weeks or so.

Regards Mark.

Back