PDA

View Full Version : Many Tears

Devilica
9th September 2009, 11:01 AM
Two more Tiny girls...

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/Liberty-Cav-08-09-09.jpghttp://webzoom.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/Dogs09/Lilac-Cav-08-09-09.jpg

Liberty (blenheim) and Lilac (Tri) are 13 month old cavs. They are very tiny, in fact the breeder feels too small to go into her breeding program so she asked us to find them good homes. They are litter sisters but we are quite prepared to split them as long a they go to a home with an existing small dog (another cav would be great). They are not house trained having never been in one, nor lead trained, but they incredibly sweet.

To apply please fill in an adoption form at http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/FosterDogAdoptionForm.htm

Shelli
9th September 2009, 11:16 AM
Aw they are so sweet and so tiny!! I hope they find a forever home soon :)

renate
9th September 2009, 07:10 PM
oh, i would adopt Lilac straight away. am in fact looking for a tri. i had my mind on a puppy, say next spring, but would love to give this little doll a chance in life.

but the rescue center will probably not let their dogs be adopted abroad....

anyway, i sent them an email. they can always trun be down......

Karen and Ruby
9th September 2009, 09:04 PM
I was thinking of applying as when I last applied for Tinks they said that they would definatly allow me to have a pup (just not one with needs like Tinks) however I am worried that they are so small and that they would be at risk from CM or SM and having one SM dog already im not sure I have the strength for another.

They are just so tiny, until I read their age I thought they were around 16 weeks not 13 months.
I hope they find a great home- and their mum is also up for adoption - also a tiny little thing but beautiful none the less.
Heres fingers crossed!!:xfngr:

misty
9th September 2009, 09:28 PM
Baby Buttons would have been 13 months old by now, according to what the puppy farmer told Many Tears when they handed him over.

I swear these girls are his sisters and the tri is his mum :(. I miss Buttons so much.

Nicki
10th September 2009, 10:01 AM
oh Fran :hug::hug:

So hard for you to see these...

They really are TINY for that age - if anyone is thinking of adopting them I would recommend that they arrrange for them to be thoroughly checked over by their own vet before commiting to anything...to save heartbreak.

I know it's very hard - and these wee darlings need loving homes, but you would need to go into this prepared to deal with whatever problems may arise.

misty
10th September 2009, 04:55 PM
oh Fran :hug::hug:

So hard for you to see these...

They really are TINY for that age - if anyone is thinking of adopting them I would recommend that they arrrange for them to be thoroughly checked over by their own vet before commiting to anything...to save heartbreak.

I know it's very hard - and these wee darlings need loving homes, but you would need to go into this prepared to deal with whatever problems may arise.

Sadly, I think you're right, Nicki :(. The blenheim girlie is just tugging at my heart-strings, but there's no way I would take a risk like that now; not after losing tiny Buttons.

sarahso
10th September 2009, 11:06 PM

i have seen these two beautiful girls, just noticing the comments posted, can i ask why? sorry to sound thick, its just my poppy is a very small Cav our vet says she is the size of a 4 month old pup - she is 13 months now & was thoroughly checked by the vets and we were never advised of any possible problems or ill health?

Fifer
11th September 2009, 12:50 PM
Looks like someone, somewhere has been trying to breed "pocket" (ie abnormally small) cavs. Tiny dogs of any breed, like these ones, should not be bred from. :mad:

I know many of these abnormally small "pocket" dogs do not have long lives, often because there are existing hereditary defects/problems. :(

The vet bills could be huge for some unwary but good hearted soul, and insurance may not be possible if a vet says they are abnormally small for the breed. Sudden death is also more frequent in dwarf animals therefore checks as to the good health or otherwise of these dogs prior to adopting them is just plain good sense.

Caveat Emptor! "Let the buyer beware" don't let the heart rule the purse. ;) Though the heartbreak, as Misty proves, could far outweigh any expenses incurred.