• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bland diet ideas

pippa

Hi, as some of you know from my other thread...'Pippin is Sick' I have to feed him a bland diet for a few days.

Thing is I can give him rice but he's allergic to poultry chicken especially and scrambled egg is running right through him.

I'm just giving him rice tonight as he's been starved for 24 hrs but I would like any ideas on what I could/should add to it for the next couple of days:confused:

I just can't think at the moment....I thought a few green beans or a small bit of bananna but are these too heavy? He has a bowel infection. I was up all night with him and the brain is a bit fussy so any suggestions will be very gratfully received:)

Hi Theresa,
sorry poor Pippin is going through this. Have you thought about getting some fresh fish? I used to buy whiting in Nicky's Place in Howth harbour. It's not expensive and you can either steam it or bake it in tin foil in the oven for ten minutes - always worked a treat for me.

When Jake was having issues a while back I fed him the following:

Whitefish (I used tilapia), yam and potato. I peeled the potatoes and boiled them and then boiled the fish in the same water. Then mashed together 50% fish, 25% yam and 25% potato. It was a wonder!!! He had no problems eating it and, in fact, loved it.

Hope Pippin is feeling better soon.

I'm sorry your Pippin has tummy troubles.

I like to use babyfood beef or lamb. The brand I buy is only 3% fat so it doesn't cause any problems. I mix it with baby food oatmeal that has bananas and apples in it and water. I also add a little lowfat yoghurt. They love it and it's easy on the tummy.

Thanks So much for those idea's!

I can give him some of those for a few days now by which time I should be able to intoduce him back to his JWB:)

Great idea's for a change though when he is well or even to add a bit to his JWB insted of just veg.

I would give him boiled white fish with the rice & some natura yoghurt - also when yo put him back ion the jwb I woud soak it for a couple of days then it'll just be a little easier on his system.

Hope he's feelin better really soon xx

Back