PDA

View Full Version : Don't rush off to buy your Xmas cards yet

Margaret C
13th September 2009, 12:05 AM
I am ordering some cards to raise money for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme.

The design, shown below, is a painting that a very talented cavalier owner, Eleanor Mancey, produced a few years ago.

She has very kindly agreed I can use the picture again, and Karlin has kindly agreed that I can put the information on this forum.

The cards will cost 3.00, including P&P, for each pack of 5 cards.

I hope to have them available in about a fortnight, so watch this space.......

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/3912851631_ff719aa820.jpghttp://http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/3912851631_ff719aa820.jpg

sins
13th September 2009, 01:32 AM
Excellent! Let us know when they're available:) I reckon they'll be very popular, you'll need to factor in the cost of overseas postage too.
Sins

Cathy T
13th September 2009, 03:15 AM
Those are beautiful!! Better order a lot cause I bet they'll go fast!!

Nicki
13th September 2009, 10:02 AM
They're beautiful Margaret - I've had a few of Eleanor's cards over the years and they've all been wonderful - it makes such a difference when the artist has Cavaliers themselves :D

Nicki
13th September 2009, 10:04 AM
A thought - these would be lovely to send to friends, but if you would like to exchange greetings on the forum, how about a special thread to do so? You can put up a photo if you like, and put up a greeting - it would be lovely if those posting greetings could make a donation, perhaps to be split 50/50 between Irish Cavalier Rescue {Karlin's rescue} and the SM Collection Scheme.

What do people think?

harleyfarley
13th September 2009, 11:22 AM
i would def go for that nicki and those cards too margaret, you best get lots printed. di

Sabby
13th September 2009, 11:46 AM
The cards are beautiful
Can’t believe Christmas is not that far away now.

team bella
13th September 2009, 01:43 PM
Loving the picture, so lovely and will want to buy when available.:)

Margaret C
13th September 2009, 04:03 PM
I was not happy with the colour on the first picture and could not understand why it had scanned so orange looking. Then my husband told me he had "improved" it for me by making the reds brighter!

This is much more the real thing, and more what the finished card should look like..........

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/3915792648_94ed183b35.jpg

Cathy T
13th September 2009, 04:33 PM
It does look better not quite so orangey :D

davey
13th September 2009, 11:23 PM
brilliant:mexwav:

Margaret C
14th September 2009, 05:43 PM
Excellent! Let us know when they're available:) I reckon they'll be very popular, you'll need to factor in the cost of overseas postage too.
Sins

I have been selling fundraising Xmas cards with Eleanor's designs for quite some years, and they have become very popular.

There are certain other costs to be factored in, including cellophane card bags & board backed envelope, but I've decided to take a bit of a chance this year and put in quite a large order for the cards.
This should enable me to sell at 3.00 per pack, despite the fact that in the UK even one pack will now have to be sent at large letter rate, because of the thickness of 5 packed cards & envelopes.

If there are too many people in exotic places overseas, ordering just one pack, then I can always think about putting on a surcharge for non-UK orders.

Margaret C
14th September 2009, 06:05 PM
A thought - these would be lovely to send to friends, but if you would like to exchange greetings on the forum, how about a special thread to do so? You can put up a photo if you like, and put up a greeting - it would be lovely if those posting greetings could make a donation, perhaps to be split 50/50 between Irish Cavalier Rescue {Karlin's rescue} and the SM Collection Scheme.

What do people think?

I think that would be a really friendly festive touch.

I was wondering about a competition, but then thought perhaps a non-competitive, just post a few words if you like :blabla: or a wonderful series of photos,:snap:, thread may be more in the spirit of both Xmas & this forum?

It would just be nice to make a really lo-o-o-o-o-ng thread of good wishes to each other.

I think it could be a little bit of a headache dividing up voluntary donations after Xmas, and I will be raising money with my cards, better perhaps to just make this one for Karlin's rescue?

LisaluvzCav
14th September 2009, 06:36 PM
Very pretty cards :)

Spangly
21st September 2009, 09:04 PM
Margaret
We have been away on our hols and have only just seen these cards, but would love to buy some. They are lovely!

Margaret C
21st September 2009, 10:48 PM
Hello Christine,

Nice to hear from you. I was thinking of you, wondering how you are & whether you would be interested in the cards.

I okayed the proof of the cards last week and so should get them fairly soon.

The cards come flat, but I've got a good friend who will help to fold them and pack them into cellophane card bags.

I'll let you know when they are delivered.

Brian M
21st September 2009, 10:54 PM
Hi margaret

And of course we shall be buying too ,so let us know when they are available.
brian

Karen and Ruby
21st September 2009, 10:59 PM
How wonderful
Will definatly be interested as Im sure everyone else will too!!h

Wagtails
22nd September 2009, 09:48 PM
Please count me in for Margaret's cards too - have been buying Eleanor Macey cards for years and they always go down well and look splendid.

Margaret C
22nd September 2009, 11:38 PM
Please count me in for Margaret's cards too - have been buying Eleanor Macey cards for years and they always go down well and look splendid.

Hello Wagtail,

Then you are an old customer of mine. They would have been cards that I had printed.
I have always used The Postcard Company, in Omagh, and they do produce good quality cards.

Eleanor has been painting designs for my fundraising cards since 2002.
This Poinsetta design won a competition I organised when I started raising money for the Cavalier Club Lub Dub Fund.
Only 500 cards were printed that first year, which is why I asked her if I could use it again.

Eleanor produced Xmas pictures for both the Lub Dub Fund, & the Cavalier Club Research Fund
The paintings always featured all four colours of cavalier. I'm not sure which was my favourite, I think possibly Santa's sleigh ride.

The printing & packaging of the Xmas cards sold by the Cavalier Club last year was organised by me, just before the Special General Meeting that removed me from the Committee.

This year I am raising money for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme......
http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

Wagtails
23rd September 2009, 06:09 PM
Small world, isn't it? The first card design I remember was this one, which I just fell in love with and have been buying them ever since!
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/Cavviewagtails/Cavaliersunderstar.jpg

By the way, Margaret, do you have any news of the lady who called herself "DozyRosy" on her website, who always used to turn up selling goods for the Heart Fund at the Cav Club Shows etc. She wasn't very well the last time I saw her and she hasn't been at Malvern for a couple of years now. Would be interested to know if anyone else took over that particular role.

Shall be delighted to buy Cavvie Christmas Cards, for whichever good cause it may be. Thanks so much for all you do for our precious pets, Marie-Anne

Margaret C
29th September 2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry Wagtail...........missed answering this.

I'm not sure what has happened to Rosemary (Dozyrosy) who was such a wonderful fundraiser for the health fund.

I know that she had problems getting the contents of the stall to Malvern because she did not drive.

Margaret C
29th September 2009, 01:00 AM
I received the boxes of Xmas cards this morning.
I am extremely pleased how they have turned out. Glossy, good quality, cards.

They need to be put into packs of five ( groan ) Fortunately I have someone who will help me.
I anticipate being ready to start selling them next week.

Just a little reminder what the card looks like...............

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/3915792648_94ed183b35.jpg

Karen and Ruby
12th October 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Margaret

Are the Xmas cards ready for purchasing yet?

Karen

Margaret C
13th October 2009, 12:13 AM
Hi Margaret

Are the Xmas cards ready for purchasing yet?

Karen

Yes they are. I have actually just put an advert on eBay if anybody wants to buy them in a fast uncomplicated way.

http://i.ebayimg.com/15/!BcgdygQ!mk~$(KGrHqYH-C4EquiQBtyRBK0y)8j(JQ~~_0.JPG?set_id=8800005007 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290359036205&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123) Five Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Christmas Cards
Starting price:2.50
Buy It Now price:3.00http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/uk/bin_15x54.gif

The P&P costs on eBay are 50p per pack

If you want to buy them direct from me they are 3 for a pack of five, postage included. ( I may have to surcharge non-UK buyers if postage overseas proves much too expensive)

PM me or email mareve-ckcs@ntlworld.com

Karen and Ruby
16th October 2009, 10:10 PM
Ive ordered mine...very excited

Karen

Tania
16th October 2009, 10:47 PM
Really lovely cards, will be order some in a few minutes.:D

Margaret C
16th October 2009, 11:29 PM
Ive ordered mine...very excited

Karen

They were sent off yesterday. I hope you will be pleased.

Spangly
17th October 2009, 01:40 PM
Received my lovely Christmas cards this morning, thank you so much Margaret. I love the detail in them! Hope I can sell lots on my Christmas stalls. Just found out I can have a stall a my local primary school, so that makes 3 stalls before Christmas. Yippee!!! Hopefully lots of money for the Collection Scheme!:w**h**:

Margaret C
20th October 2009, 01:07 PM
Received my lovely Christmas cards this morning, thank you so much Margaret. I love the detail in them! Hope I can sell lots on my Christmas stalls. Just found out I can have a stall a my local primary school, so that makes 3 stalls before Christmas. Yippee!!! Hopefully lots of money for the Collection Scheme!:w**h**:

I hope so too :)

Christine has already raised a lot of money for the SM Cavalier Collection. Cavalier owners like her are wonderful.

If anyone wants to beat Thursday's threatened postal strike......

Order your cavalier cards from eBay today before 4.30 pm, & I will do my best to get them sent 1st class so they arrive tomorrow.

http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!BcnrSu!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjUEq49luDIeBK1PfdCZ4g~~_0.JP G?set_id=8800005007 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290359534275&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123) Five Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Christmas Cards (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290359534275&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123)

Item Id:290359534275

Price:3.50

Tania
20th October 2009, 01:11 PM
Received mine too, they are just lovely xx Thank you.

Sandrac
21st October 2009, 10:11 PM
Margaret
Received my cards today - they are lovely.
many thanks

Karen and Ruby
23rd October 2009, 12:27 AM
They are beautiful cards Margaret thanks very much!!!

Karen

Margaret C
23rd October 2009, 01:10 AM
They are beautiful cards Margaret thanks very much!!!

Karen

My thanks to all those that have bought the cards. I really appreciate your support

The money raised will go to a scheme that is very important for cavalier health research......
http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

Hopefully list members and visitors will consider buying just one pack of these really rather attractive cards to send to their cavalier friends.
I will post overseas if the buyer pays the extra cost of posting. PM me or email mareve-ckcs@ntlworld.com

Claire L
23rd October 2009, 11:48 AM
:oops: I hope I'm not too late to buy some of these cards.
Can I paypal you Margaret?

harleyfarley
23rd October 2009, 01:31 PM
I need some too, di

Margaret C
23rd October 2009, 03:03 PM
:oops: I hope I'm not too late to buy some of these cards.
Can I paypal you Margaret?

I have just found out I can send a PayPal invoice. :)

If you send me your email and tell me how many packs you want, I can work out what I would need to charge.

Postal charges to Southern Ireland are more expensive than UK, so I would need to surcharge for that ( For instance it would come to an extra 50p for two packs of cards )

Sins has very kindly offered to take over & post any cards ordered by Irish members when she comes over to Chestergate, but that will not be until December.

Margaret C
23rd October 2009, 03:04 PM
I need some too, di

How many, & how do you want to pay?:)

harleyfarley
23rd October 2009, 07:30 PM
I only want one pack, just for my doggy friends, is that ok, send an invoice to capture_7@hotmail.com via paypal and ill pay tonight, di

Margaret C
23rd October 2009, 07:44 PM
I only want one pack, just for my doggy friends, is that ok, send an invoice to capture_7@hotmail.com via paypal and ill pay tonight, di

Thank you Di.
Now if everyone did the same, it would be wonderful. icon_whistling

Janice
23rd October 2009, 07:50 PM
One pack for me to please, Margaret. Paypal janice@janicehobbs.com

will pay asap.

Claire L
23rd October 2009, 08:05 PM
I have just found out I can send a PayPal invoice. :)

If you send me your email and tell me how many packs you want, I can work out what I would need to charge.

Postal charges to Southern Ireland are more expensive than UK, so I would need to surcharge for that ( For instance it would come to an extra 50p for two packs of cards )

Sins has very kindly offered to take over & post any cards ordered by Irish members when she comes over to Chestergate, but that will not be until December.

Thanks Margaret,
I've just PM'd you :jmp2:

Claire L
30th October 2009, 05:05 PM
I received my cards yesterday and I am very impressed :jmp2:
Thanks Margaret :flwr:

Margaret C
30th October 2009, 11:09 PM
I received my cards yesterday and I am very impressed :jmp2:
Thanks Margaret :flwr:

I'm so glad they got to you okay.

One of my birthday presents was postal scales (Yes, you guessed it, I'm married to the last of the Romantics)

I can now weigh the packets of cards & then go to the Royal Mail website and work out the postage, AND PAY FOR A VERY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING STAMPED ADDRESSED LABEL ONLINE.
:w*w:I just love my computer, no more queuing at the Post Office.

Claire L
31st October 2009, 12:13 PM
Yes! I must admit , I was very impressed with the packaging, very professional indeed and what with the postal strikes in Britain and the huge backlog of mail to be delivered, my cards reached me in superfast time.

They are really lovely. Will there be a different design for next year? I would love to have gotten the previous design as well - these cards are collectors items :mexwav:

Janice
31st October 2009, 12:48 PM
Beautiful cards, thanks Margaret. Ive already worked out which doggy friends they are going to!!

Rumor
31st October 2009, 10:53 PM
I received my cards today. They are lovely. :lotsaluv: Thank you so very much Margaret.

Margaret C
2nd November 2009, 04:01 PM
I would love to buy some cards from you but the temporary Visa I have has a minimum of 20 euro that I can put on it. Most of all I want them because theres two cavaliers on there that looks like Bobby. I will do my best to get some soon.

Hello Steve,

PM me your address and I will send you a pack of cards. When you do get some money you can always donate the cost to Karlin's Rescue.

shippers
2nd November 2009, 07:41 PM
Hope there are still some cards available for this good cause. I have emailed you Margaret.

Margaret C
10th November 2009, 06:45 PM
Hope there are still some cards available for this good cause. I have emailed you Margaret.

I hope those that ordered during the postal strike have received their cards okay.
Let me know if they have not arrived.

The cards are on eBay or if anyone wants to order direct from me PM for details.
I send 1st class & I will send abroad, but I do need to charge any extra postage over the 60p per pack I have allowed for postage & packing.

I'm glad to say that the Cavalier Club has put them on their website, under their Fundraising section. Hopefully that will bring some more orders, and some more publicity.
I do need to reach the people with sick or elderly SM cavaliers.

To remind you of the design.............

http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!BcnrSu!!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjUEq49luDIeBK1PfdCZ4g~~_12.J PG

shippers
10th November 2009, 08:42 PM
Thank you Margaret I received my cards a few days ago. They are lovely cards and I'm pleased as the money is helping a worthy cause

Nicki
12th November 2009, 11:53 AM
My cards {and the pack you kindly sent to Debbie for me cl*p} arrived safely, they are absolutely beautiful :D

Really good quality, and it's lovely to have a design that includes wholecolours too :jmp2:

Thank you for doing these for such a worthy cause :D