• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Don't rush off to buy your Xmas cards yet

Margaret C

I am ordering some cards to raise money for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme.

The design, shown below, is a painting that a very talented cavalier owner, Eleanor Mancey, produced a few years ago.

She has very kindly agreed I can use the picture again, and Karlin has kindly agreed that I can put the information on this forum.

The cards will cost £3.00, including P&P, for each pack of 5 cards.

I hope to have them available in about a fortnight, so watch this space.......

3912851631_ff719aa820.jpg
3912851631_ff719aa820.jpg

Excellent! Let us know when they're available:) I reckon they'll be very popular, you'll need to factor in the cost of overseas postage too.
Sins

They're beautiful Margaret - I've had a few of Eleanor's cards over the years and they've all been wonderful - it makes such a difference when the artist has Cavaliers themselves :D

A thought - these would be lovely to send to friends, but if you would like to exchange greetings on the forum, how about a special thread to do so? You can put up a photo if you like, and put up a greeting - it would be lovely if those posting greetings could make a donation, perhaps to be split 50/50 between Irish Cavalier Rescue {Karlin's rescue} and the SM Collection Scheme.

What do people think?

This is better

I was not happy with the colour on the first picture and could not understand why it had scanned so orange looking. Then my husband told me he had "improved" it for me by making the reds brighter!

This is much more the real thing, and more what the finished card should look like..........

3915792648_94ed183b35.jpg

Excellent! Let us know when they're available:) I reckon they'll be very popular, you'll need to factor in the cost of overseas postage too.
Sins

I have been selling fundraising Xmas cards with Eleanor's designs for quite some years, and they have become very popular.

There are certain other costs to be factored in, including cellophane card bags & board backed envelope, but I've decided to take a bit of a chance this year and put in quite a large order for the cards.
This should enable me to sell at £3.00 per pack, despite the fact that in the UK even one pack will now have to be sent at large letter rate, because of the thickness of 5 packed cards & envelopes.

If there are too many people in exotic places overseas, ordering just one pack, then I can always think about putting on a surcharge for non-UK orders.

A thought - these would be lovely to send to friends, but if you would like to exchange greetings on the forum, how about a special thread to do so? You can put up a photo if you like, and put up a greeting - it would be lovely if those posting greetings could make a donation, perhaps to be split 50/50 between Irish Cavalier Rescue {Karlin's rescue} and the SM Collection Scheme.

What do people think?

I think that would be a really friendly festive touch.

I was wondering about a competition, but then thought perhaps a non-competitive, just post a few words if you like :blabla: or a wonderful series of photos,:snap:, thread may be more in the spirit of both Xmas & this forum?

It would just be nice to make a really lo-o-o-o-o-ng thread of good wishes to each other.

I think it could be a little bit of a headache dividing up voluntary donations after Xmas, and I will be raising money with my cards, better perhaps to just make this one for Karlin's rescue?

Margaret
We have been away on our hols and have only just seen these cards, but would love to buy some. They are lovely!

Hello Christine,

Nice to hear from you. I was thinking of you, wondering how you are & whether you would be interested in the cards.

I okayed the proof of the cards last week and so should get them fairly soon.

The cards come flat, but I've got a good friend who will help to fold them and pack them into cellophane card bags.

I'll let you know when they are delivered.

Hi margaret

And of course we shall be buying too ,so let us know when they are available.
brian

Please count me in for Margaret's cards too - have been buying Eleanor Macey cards for years and they always go down well and look splendid.

Please count me in for Margaret's cards too - have been buying Eleanor Macey cards for years and they always go down well and look splendid.

Hello Wagtail,

Then you are an old customer of mine. They would have been cards that I had printed.
I have always used The Postcard Company, in Omagh, and they do produce good quality cards.

Eleanor has been painting designs for my fundraising cards since 2002.
This Poinsetta design won a competition I organised when I started raising money for the Cavalier Club Lub Dub Fund.
Only 500 cards were printed that first year, which is why I asked her if I could use it again.

Eleanor produced Xmas pictures for both the Lub Dub Fund, & the Cavalier Club Research Fund
The paintings always featured all four colours of cavalier. I'm not sure which was my favourite, I think possibly Santa's sleigh ride.

The printing & packaging of the Xmas cards sold by the Cavalier Club last year was organised by me, just before the Special General Meeting that removed me from the Committee.

This year I am raising money for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme......
http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co.uk/collection.htm

Back