• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

5 go to the beach!

misty

Today we've mainly been to the beach :D.

We decided we had to let Oskar off the lead properly some time, so we went armed with whistle, treats, a squeaky ball and a tub of bubbles ::):). Oskar did well, bless him and I acted like a nutter, as usual, making him feel soooooo good when he came back when called. Here's some piccies of the gang:

The 'puppy':

1ycwdg.jpg

Here he is again:

1ycwda.jpg

Marlon and Oskar head off after the ball:

1ycwdb.jpg

And come back again:

1ycwd9.jpg

The gang looking for the treats I've just chucked:

1ycwd4.jpg

The greedy crowd:

1ycwdh.jpg

Great photos of Oskar and his pals. I wish that our Abigail was trained enough to let her off leash when not in our back yard but I haven't had the nerve to let her.:eek:

Heather R

Do it from the moment they can go out and they dont know any different. In fact Reuben just used to walk along behind my heels when out for an off lead walk then finally learnt he could go wherever he wanted!

It has worked with all the 11 dogs I have had durin my life and I couldnt imagine having a dog on a lead till 6 months or whatever then letting it off and expecting it to come back!!! Be like letting a teenager out for the first time at night and then wanting them to come home at 10!!!

PS Oscar is beautiful especially in that first photo!

Hi

We got Lily 3 three weeks today ,and she is 11 months old ,and let her off the next day and she was fine ,they are more nervous about losing you

I'm normally not nervous these days about letting them off, but I did have it on very good authority that he was easily distracted, which is why we chose the beach :).

Oskar will be starting training classes soon but, in the meantime, I've been doing lots of recall inside the house and also using tennis courts in the park and have been bonding with him in the hope that he considers me to be the most important focus-point on a walk. Tis early days tho', cos he's a lively lad ;).

Hi

We got Lily 3 three weeks today ,and she is 11 months old ,and let her off the next day and she was fine ,they are more nervous about losing you

Oh Fran that's wonderful - a great place to choose, no bunnies to chase!!

You've obviously been working really hard with him/

So lovely to see Oskar really happy and having a fantastic time - in the first picture he is looking so adoring at you.

OK will stop crying all over the keyboard now LOL

Love the pictures! Are all 5 of them yours? I love all the supplies you took with you- I never thought of a whistle!

Looks like everyone had a blast. cl*p

Back