• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ozzy - Happy Belated Birthday!

lorebringer

Ozzy was rescued from death row the day before St. Patricks Day this year - his "owner" had found a vet the was willing to "deal with it" (they actually had to go looking for one :mad:) because her breeding pair had another litter of pups. Ozzy had been kept from the last litter, presumably to breed him, but was now unwanted. We got him when he was 6 months old. He (and I quote) "had never been to a vet" and rarely been for a walk because he was nervy on walks. At the time, his "owners" sister had been minding him but the decision had been made to "deal with it".

Ozzy got lucky! My own sister was on her lunch break and met the "owners" (I can't use that term seriously here) sister walking Ozzy, had a little chat and when she found out what was going to happen to him (she was totally open about it :mad:) she rang me. I foster dogs for an animal rescue charity and said of course I would take him (at the time I thought he was going to be an older dog, maybe with lots of health probs). My sister went back to the lady minding him (she works on the same street as my sister, she had brought him to work so that she could go to the vet afterwards) and told her that I would take him for free rather than her getting him PTS. To my shock, that evening a baby turned up! We had originally intending on him being part of the rescue program but we fell in love (my OH with a bit of convincing :rolleyes:). He is our second (living) Cavalier, we also have a tri lady. He turned 1 on Sept 17th (we know his real birthday, rare in a rescue!) so this is a belated birthday post! We wouldn't be without him now :)

A week after we got him (he was neutered and had a toe that was growing up his back leg removed), only a baby!

S40100752-1.jpg

More recently, cutie!

S40100702-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ozzy was born under a very lucky star to have found a loving home with you!

Many more :hppybdy: greetings to Ozzie!

Heather R

Happy Birthday!!! There was some Divine Intervention going on there! Thank God you found that sweet baby before the ignorant "owners" had their way with him! Congrats! :flwr:

Happy Birthday!!! There was some Divine Intervention going on there! Thank God you found that sweet baby before the ignorant "owners" had their way with him! Congrats! :flwr:

I always think about the very spacific series of events in which Ozzy became a member of our mad house - someone is definately looking over him! *ng*l

Back