PDA

View Full Version : Another diet question

Queensmum
19th September 2009, 04:20 PM
Does anyone feed their adult cavalier only once a day?

Nicki
19th September 2009, 05:21 PM
Some people do but we usually recommend that they are fed twice a day - they only have fairly small stomachs and 24 hours is a long time to go between meals.

Is there a reason you are asking?

Love my Cavaliers
19th September 2009, 05:34 PM
I feed all of mine only once a day. Some of them only get 1/3 cup of food a day and that's hard to split up into two feedings. They also get at least one dried sweet potato during the day (boy, do they love those) and a biscuit at night.

Karlin
19th September 2009, 06:30 PM
I feed mine once a day too, in the morning, but I do give them a James Wellbeloved Crackerjacks dog treat at bedtime, which is about a third the size of their morning meal, so they get a significant snack-meal in the evening.

heather r
19th September 2009, 09:04 PM
We have tried to get our 1 year old to eat twice a day because she is small but most of the time in the evening she will only take a bite or two. Later we give her a kong with a small treat inside and held in with peanut butter.

Heather R

Queensmum
20th September 2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks all. I'm asking because our oldest doesn't seem too interested in eating in the morning, unless it's her sister's food and I thought it might be because she's gotten older. We just started a couple of days ago feeding her in the evenings only. We give her about a cup a day.