• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sleeping on their backs?

dandelos

Do dogs, or even Cavs, enjoy sleeping on their back much? Ours has taken to doing it a lot (sometimes spread-eagle style) since he joined our household as a mere 8-week-old.

Last edited:
Mine love doing it. I think it is a sign that they are really relaxed and 'laid-back' and also feel safe and secure. Sometimes they will also do it if they are very warm :D

Both our cavalier and our golden love to lay on their backs! Your pup is saying I'm at home:lotsaluv:

Heather R

Yup Clara is a big big fan of sleepin on her back :) I think its soo cute haha

picture.php

Tasha9weeksasleep2-1.jpg

Our older girl, Rosie, would never adopt so undignified a position, but the new puppy has no such qualms!

Daisy used to do it when she was younger, but now she doesn't unless she has dozed off mid-belly-rub. I'm kind of sad that she doesn't do it anymore because it used to crack me up.

All these pics really make me laugh. A good thread to view when you're feeling low! :p

I used to wonder if it was only Jasper that laid on his back, obviously not, he did it as a puppy and does it even more how he`s older, he has a chair with a blanket on which he sleeps on in the day time and it`s his favourite sleeping position, it reminds of an old man and I love seeing him like it, I have taken a lot of pictures of him like it, shame I am hopeless at posting pictures, anyway I like looking at everyone elses.:)

This is Pippin, on his back lying next to Gus:)

2008_11080038.jpg

And DJ, not quite on his back but almost:)

2009_080709August0034.jpg

Last edited:
Back