View Full Version : Jasper at the vets

25th September 2009, 06:14 PM
Jasper had to go to the vets last night for his MVD check up and to get more tablets, he went last in June and the vet was pleased with him. My husband took him as I was at work, anyway after examining him she said his heart sounded funny, so he has to have a ECG next Friday, I am really worried, although she told my husband it would probably mean just increading his heart tablets. Jasper is fine in himself and loves his walks, he demands his walks in the afternoon as soon as I get in the door from work, he eats well, I am really worried and keep looking at him and thinking am I missing signs that he is not so well but to be honest he seems just the same as usual to us, he hates it at the vets and gets really het up which does`nt really do his heart any good.

25th September 2009, 10:01 PM
All you can do is wait for the results, try not to worry. If Jasper was sick or feeling unwell you would know. You would see it in him. You are looking for signs now because of what the vet said. Wait for the ECG results and take it from there. Please god he will be fine and the tests will be clear. Our Charlie was sick this year and in the vets for a few days twice and had to have an ultra sound but everything was clear and he is flying now. Just look after Jasper and give him loads of cuddles!!

Margaret C
25th September 2009, 11:26 PM
I can understand why you are worried, but I think you would have noticed a change in his energy levels, or in how much he is eating and drinking, if there was any significant deterioration in his heart condition.

2nd October 2009, 08:29 PM
Jasper had his ECG today and the vet has advised that she would like him to have a scan so he will go again next week and the senior vet will do this, she spoke to my husband on the phone, she can see that the problem with his heart is not having any impact on the way he acts at the moment but they want to investigate it further we were worried as he was in a real state when he got to the vets this morning as he had to be there by 9.00 but he was not to be looked at until late morning as the vet had surgery at another practise, we voiced our concerns about this to the nurse and she must have said something to the vet as she told my husband he settled well and cooperated with them, so we will just have to see what next week brings.