• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Essex fun day on sunday

meljoy

Hi everyone,
Just a thought about the fun day in Chelmsford on Sunday. What time are people thinking of arriving.
I know Pauline is planning for after lunch.

If anyone wants my mobile number then pm me.

Looking forward to it:w**h**::w**h**::w**h**:

Mel

Do you know how much it is to get in... as this is the deciding factor for me as bad finances at the mo. :(

Their poster only says £1 per dog:dogwlk:

So I guess there isnt an entrance price as such.

Hope you can make it

Mel

About 11-11.30am.

Not sure whether I will be bringing Tommy ( cavalier ) or Dandy ( chin )

I hope the weather stays nice.

Bit gutted I won't be there till lunch time. I've asked my friend to take me to an earlier meeting so I can be there a little earlier but prob only gain 15mins by doing that. Are we all eating together? No pictures of me with my mouth full ok!

Very excited :wggle:

Margaret, I might need a lend of your scooter! I've been gardening too much, my legs are so stiff.

They have never charged an entrance fee to get in in previous years. The £1 is per dog per class if you want to enter them in anything!!
Have a wonderful time everyone!! Im stuck at work, so disapointed

Karen, Ruby and Charlie xx

Brilliant, thanks! Im up for it then. 11:00 then??? are we still wearing a fake red flower? ;)

I will be wearing a red flower :flwr: Oh and my friend is a keen photographer so a group photo or 3 is a must.

I'll say this now as it's better to say in advance. I don't let anyone stroke Dylan's head and neck because of his SM, his chest or sides are fine though (he also has a big syrinx in his back). Stroking makes him really symptomatic after a while. Thanks.

Ive decided to cancell work!! :jmp2:

Ill be there!! Ruby is also like dylan but im sure that the majority of people on here have enough knowledge through the board about SM to know that heads are a no no. It may actually be nice to have a day where im not constantly telling people to 'go careful' and 'not the face!!'
Im sure Charlie will lap up all the attention mind!!

Here's a recent pic of me.
3763713686_83af7cdac0.jpg

Chris will be there, here she is.
3762913815_67004a535a.jpg

Know I've seen one of Mel but can't find it. Margaret will have a Japanese Chin with her possibly on a mobility scooter.

Ive decided to cancell work!! :jmp2:

Ill be there!! Ruby is also like dylan but im sure that the majority of people on here have enough knowledge through the board about SM to know that heads are a no no. It may actually be nice to have a day where im not constantly telling people to 'go careful' and 'not the face!!'
Im sure Charlie will lap up all the attention mind!!

Oh Karen I'm really please. :D Do you have a picture of you or will you be wearing a red flower?

Don't forget water for your dogs and doggie poop bags everyone.

Thanks Karen. I apologize in advance but I am not good at remembering faces or names even if I've sen you an hour before! :eek:

It was a lovely day! I met lots of the lovely cavaliers on this forum and Reuben made loads of new friends! :*nana:

I hope you all had a great time.

I am so disappointed to miss the day, especially as the weather was so good, but Grumpy Old William was vomiting and had diarrhoea in the early hours of this morning, and I did not feel able to leave him for so long.

He will be thirteen next month and was my Mum's darling, so I have to take care of him.

He seems to be recovering :xfngr: and has slept soundly since his last bout of sickness at 10am this morning.

To add to a bad day Tyson, my seven year old Japanese Chin with severe MVD, had a mild collapse while on our morning walk.
His legs seem to let him down although he he did not pass out completely. His tongue & gums were extremely blue and he needed a little time to sit and recover.
He is such a sweet and clever dog, it is so sad that we seem to losing the battle with his heart condition.

He has always been the one in the front of the pack. I must remember to let him through the gate first so he does not feel the need to race the other dogs.

I hope you all had a great time.

I am so disappointed to miss the day, especially as the weather was so good, but Grumpy Old William was vomiting and had diarrhoea in the early hours of this morning, and I did not feel able to leave him for so long.

He will be thirteen next month and was my Mum's darling, so I have to take care of him.

He seems to be recovering :xfngr: and has slept soundly since his last bout of sickness at 10am this morning.

To add to a bad day Tyson, my seven year old Japanese Chin with severe MVD, had a mild collapse while on our morning walk.
His legs seem to let him down although he he did not pass out completely. His tongue & gums were extremely blue and he needed a little time to sit and recover.
He is such a sweet and clever dog, it is so sad that we seem to losing the battle with his heart condition.

He has always been the one in the front of the pack. I must remember to let him through the gate first so he does not feel the need to race the other dogs.

I couldn’t make it today; well I wasn’t in the mood after Ebony’s diagnosis yesterday.
So sad to hear about Tyson and I hope that Old William is feeling better soon. :hug::hug:

So sorry about William and Tyson. We definitely missed you there and we met a lady who scans all her dogs and she wanted to meet you too.

I will start a new thread with my pictures, hope you enjoy. None of us won anything as far as I know and I thought I would not be disappointed but I was!!! Especially as the lady awarding prizes looked like she was walking my way. I'd have been happy if any of us won, they are all winners to me.

Pauline,
Dylan should have won the most beautiful dog as he was definately the best in that arena:D

Margaret we really missed you today but we hope William and Tyson are better soon.

It was a great day and I have some lovely pics.

Janice, sorry we didnt say goodbye....Reuben was stunning my kids were very taken with him...we thought about kidnapping him for ourselves:rolleyes:

Mel

Anyone got any pics with my Reuben in? My son has pinched my camera cable and taken it to uni so I cant get them onto the computer! :*bay:

Back