PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer for Abbey

linderbelle
25th September 2009, 07:52 PM
Abbey has a vet appt in about 40 mins. Wednesday night we felt a lump on her head and as you know she had sm surgery 6 months ago. I pray to god that this is something simple. She's had enough.

Nicki
25th September 2009, 07:55 PM
So sorry to hear this :( more worry for you...

Is it a big lump? It couldn't be a reaction to a tick bite or similar?

sins
25th September 2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Linda,
I'm sorry you're facing this worry right now.Let us know what the vet says.
Sins

*Pauline*
25th September 2009, 08:06 PM
Thinking of you and Abby and praying this isn't serious. :hug: :(

Cathy T
25th September 2009, 08:09 PM
Praying this is nothing serious.

tupup
25th September 2009, 08:29 PM
Oh Linda im sorry to read this & praying you & Abbey are ok.What was the outcome of today? Plse post an update soon:flwr:

Karen and Ruby
25th September 2009, 08:36 PM
My thoughts are with you and Abbey and fingers crossed all will be well!!

karen, ruby and charlie xx

Jasperxxgabby
25th September 2009, 08:40 PM
Hoping and praying this is nothing serious :hug:.

heather r
25th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Sending healing thoughts your way and I hope that it isn't serious.

Heather R

team bella
25th September 2009, 09:03 PM
God Bless, I pray all is ok :flwr:

linderbelle
25th September 2009, 09:11 PM
I just got home from vet with her. She is scheduled for monday at 11 eastern to have it removed. She will not be put under--my concern as stress sets off seizures with her. I'm worried-very worried is an understatement. He said not a cyst. Mass--pray for her that it is not malignant. It just can't be--we've been through too much and she's loved too much for something more. I do have a call to her neurologist as I'm concerned cutting around her neck area. I don't know if I should be on that one so if anybody could shed some light on that one it would be appreciated.

sins
25th September 2009, 09:17 PM
Hi Linda,
It's not fair that you have to contend with this right now,but all I can say to you is not to panic.Until the lump is biopsied and a result back,there's no point jumping the gun. I know she's been through so much with the SM surgery,but just keep strong,do your best for her and deal with everything step by step.We'll all be here for you every step of the way.
*Hugs*
Sins

Tania
25th September 2009, 09:32 PM
Yes, we are all hoping and praying for you.

Rumor
25th September 2009, 10:37 PM
Praying everything turns out positive.

pippa
25th September 2009, 10:55 PM
Oh Linda...fingers, toes, paws everything crossed for Abby and sending lots of positive healing thoughts xxxxx

Margaret C
25th September 2009, 10:58 PM
I have just read your news, and I want to say how sorry I am that this has happened. Life is just not fair sometimes.

There is a great many people on this list thinking of you and Abbey.

Love my Cavaliers
25th September 2009, 11:13 PM
Linda, I just saw this and I'm so sad for you and Abbey. I would have your vet call the neurologist who did her SM surgery to discuss removing the lump. If you talk to the neurologist without your vet being in on the conversation, some things may get lost in translation. The neurologist could also give your vet some pointers for how to manage Abbey so that she is less stressed. There might even be some medication that he would recommend giving to her that would calm her down. I personally wouldn't have surgery done on Riley without having the neurologist and vet talk it through first. I understand your reluctance to use anesthesia. Riley also reacts poorly to it. Her vet actually did some hand scaling of her teeth last visit so she didn't have to put her out. Remember to breathe this weekend, and try not to just focus on the negative "what if" scenario. I'm around this weekend if you want to call. My thoughts are prayers are with you and George and of course, sweet little gorgeous Abbey.

Sabby
26th September 2009, 08:49 AM
You and Abbey are in my thoughts. Sending lots of :hug:
Hope and praying that itís nothing serious.

Louise1823
26th September 2009, 10:20 AM
Im so sorry to hear what you and Abbey are having to go through. Im thinking of you both and really hoping she'll be fine once her surgery is done.
Huge hugs from us all xxxxxxx :hug:

Spangly
26th September 2009, 11:26 AM
We are sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs. We are so sorry that you have got to go through this now. Love Christine and Spangle :lotsaluv:

Karlin
26th September 2009, 11:41 AM
So sorry you are going through this; I'd definitely get the advice of your neurologist as it may be that it would be less stressful for her to have a GA? Dogs can get a lot of fatty benign lumps -- I have found several on two of my dogs, and so far they have been nothing to worry about -- so hoping this will be the situation for you.

HollyDolly
26th September 2009, 12:33 PM
Just like to add my care and thoughts for you and Abbey.

Nanette

Brian M
26th September 2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Linda

Words cannot express our thoughts for you and Abbey,she will get better pls believe .

kindest wishes

DeeDee
26th September 2009, 02:43 PM
So sorry you are going through this,Linda. I hope everythig goes OK

DeeDee
mom to bailey and mollie

linderbelle
26th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Thank you everybody. We have talked to our neurologist and vet again today as had to take Chelsea today for eye probs--another story. Both are very positive and both think it will be benign. I already beat Karlin and I think it would be easier under ga for her as she wouldn't have a clue to what is going on. Just caging her not in her home is going to be hard for her. I'm being positive and I just know it will be ok. We've gone too far for something like this to be the worst scenario which I can't even write what that worst scenario is but we all know what it would be. Like I tell her everyday she's my little princess. I will post on monday after her surgery as she won't be there long as she's much better off here. You guys are the best.

Maggles
27th September 2009, 11:46 AM
Linda, I just now saw this - keeping you and Princess Abbey in my thoughts.

Claire L
27th September 2009, 01:24 PM
Linda I'm so sorry you are going through this with your precious girl.
I will be thinking of you and Abbey tomorrow :hug::hug:

heather r
27th September 2009, 08:11 PM
Linda; Will be waiting to hear how Abbey tolerated procedure and I hope it is a positive outcome!. My thoughts are with you and Abbey.

Heather R

maddoglady
27th September 2009, 08:34 PM
All the best for tomorrow, my thought will be with you.

SuzRN
28th September 2009, 05:51 AM
Best of luck with you and your girl.

Charlifarley
28th September 2009, 09:23 AM
Just read your posts Linda, have my fingers nd toes crossed for you both, will be thinking of you, good luck at the vets :lotsaluv:

linderbelle
28th September 2009, 08:17 PM
Abbey got home about a hour ago--she was there for about 3 hrs. She did well although when she saw me when I picked her up she was all over me of course. The incision is comparable to her sm surgery incision. A little farther over but dang close to the length of it. Poor thing. Won't know about the c word for 2-3 days but he will call as soon as he knows. We're all positive that its not and I will truly have a heart attack from shock if it is because I'm not prepared for that at all.

Justine
28th September 2009, 09:07 PM
Wish her speedy recovery.xxx.

sins
28th September 2009, 09:33 PM
It's good to know she's home and recovering. Hopefully all the mass has been removed and the lab will have some good news for you by midweek.Either way,it's good that you spotted this problem and had it dealt with so swiftly.
Sins

Margaret C
28th September 2009, 10:09 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for good news. :xfngr:

pippa
28th September 2009, 10:47 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way for a good result and thinking of Abbey.

jld
28th September 2009, 10:53 PM
My heart goes out to you and Abbey. I will be praying the news is good. Bless you both.

diddy
28th September 2009, 11:09 PM
Thinking of you both, sending positive thoughts, and very best wishes.

Maggles
29th September 2009, 12:40 AM
Sending you loads of hugs and positive thoughts Linda, poor Miss Abbey. You both have had way more than your share this year. :paw::paw::paw:

Claire L
29th September 2009, 10:33 AM
Glad to read that you have her home. Please place a gentle kiss on the top of her head and tell her that Claire L is sending her lots of love and healing thoughts and also sending big hugs to you Linda :hug: hang in there girl :hug: