• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Say a prayer for Abbey

linderbelle

Abbey has a vet appt in about 40 mins. Wednesday night we felt a lump on her head and as you know she had sm surgery 6 months ago. I pray to god that this is something simple. She's had enough.

So sorry to hear this :( more worry for you...

Is it a big lump? It couldn't be a reaction to a tick bite or similar?

Hi Linda,
I'm sorry you're facing this worry right now.Let us know what the vet says.
Sins

Oh Linda im sorry to read this & praying you & Abbey are ok.What was the outcome of today? Plse post an update soon:flwr:

I just got home from vet with her. She is scheduled for monday at 11 eastern to have it removed. She will not be put under--my concern as stress sets off seizures with her. I'm worried-very worried is an understatement. He said not a cyst. Mass--pray for her that it is not malignant. It just can't be--we've been through too much and she's loved too much for something more. I do have a call to her neurologist as I'm concerned cutting around her neck area. I don't know if I should be on that one so if anybody could shed some light on that one it would be appreciated.

Hi Linda,
It's not fair that you have to contend with this right now,but all I can say to you is not to panic.Until the lump is biopsied and a result back,there's no point jumping the gun. I know she's been through so much with the SM surgery,but just keep strong,do your best for her and deal with everything step by step.We'll all be here for you every step of the way.
*Hugs*
Sins

Oh Linda...fingers, toes, paws everything crossed for Abby and sending lots of positive healing thoughts xxxxx

I have just read your news, and I want to say how sorry I am that this has happened. Life is just not fair sometimes.

There is a great many people on this list thinking of you and Abbey.

Linda, I just saw this and I'm so sad for you and Abbey. I would have your vet call the neurologist who did her SM surgery to discuss removing the lump. If you talk to the neurologist without your vet being in on the conversation, some things may get lost in translation. The neurologist could also give your vet some pointers for how to manage Abbey so that she is less stressed. There might even be some medication that he would recommend giving to her that would calm her down. I personally wouldn't have surgery done on Riley without having the neurologist and vet talk it through first. I understand your reluctance to use anesthesia. Riley also reacts poorly to it. Her vet actually did some hand scaling of her teeth last visit so she didn't have to put her out. Remember to breathe this weekend, and try not to just focus on the negative "what if" scenario. I'm around this weekend if you want to call. My thoughts are prayers are with you and George and of course, sweet little gorgeous Abbey.

You and Abbey are in my thoughts. Sending lots of :hug:
Hope and praying that it’s nothing serious.

Im so sorry to hear what you and Abbey are having to go through. Im thinking of you both and really hoping she'll be fine once her surgery is done.
Huge hugs from us all xxxxxxx :hug:

We are sending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs. We are so sorry that you have got to go through this now. Love Christine and Spangle :lotsaluv:

Back