• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pee Stains

Karen and Ruby

Im sure ive read something about this on here before but ive spent a while going back throught the history and cant find anything.
Charlie keeps peeing on himself and he constantly smells of urine. I bathed him Friday evening and already he stinks again- his little winkle is yellow with wee and his belly is stained also. he doesnt cock his leg 100% of the time which doesnt help but my house is starting to smell like a toilet!!
Help!!

Karen, Ruby and Charlie xxx

Yep, got a little bit of his wee on me today! :rolleyes: I don't know, usually I'd say trim the hair not on his willy but his belly and front legs but he doesn't have long hair. I used to encourage squatting as Dylan got less messy that way but if that doesn't work for you, I'm stumped. :confused:

I am in the same situation

HI,

My Riley does the same. I see that he is just lazy. We are constantly washing his legs and belly. I do keep the hair on his penis short to help. We have also kept his coat and feathers short to help as well. Good luck. If you find something that works, let us know.

Beth
Mom of Riley Blenheim and Laurel Black and Tan:jump:

I do keep the hair on his penis short to help.

Sorry to break this to you but apparently, trimming the hair there can make the urine less...um...is "streamline" the word I'm looking for? In other words, it can sprinkle everywhere.

One of my dogs has the same problem. I've noticed that the smell is more pronounced following a bath, maybe because when it's fresh its smellier??
I wonder is it the 'angle of the dangle' :D:D

Oh dear- he constantly smells of pee and now the house smells as well- when he cocks his leg its better as he usually misses but sometimes he walks off before he is finished and it goes ALL over him!!
may have to invest in doggy deodrant!!!:D

My Aled sometimes has a misdirection (growing up in a puppy farm, he's only just learning from Oliver to cock his leg) and I find that a wipe over with a moist Pet Wipe helps - they're like baby wipes for dogs and contain an anti-bacterial which reduces the smell. For pee around the house, there is of course the indispensible Febreze!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi Karen.

I buy "Rubdowns" they're like an anti-bacterial wet wipe especially for pets. They're impregnanted with Aloe Vera and have quite a nice smell.

Leo has the same problems at times and I give him a clean underneath with one of the cloths and it does help.

They're made by Bob Martin and I get them from Tescos.

Hope it helps,

mel

Back