PDA

View Full Version : Transport: Dusty from Co Waterford to Dublin

Karlin
28th September 2009, 07:03 PM
Justine and I are looking for ways to get Dusty, the tri girl she has been fostering, up to Dublin asap. If anyone is travelling all or part way in the coming week and could fit her in the car, let me know!

Claire L
28th September 2009, 07:26 PM
If someone could bring her part of the way then we would be happy to rendezvous and bring her to Dublin for you.

Karlin
28th September 2009, 08:21 PM
Sure you wouldn't want to drive her home? :lol:

Justine
28th September 2009, 09:05 PM
I can drive as far as Cork or Clonmel,if thats any good.With Dust.

Claire L
29th September 2009, 10:17 AM
Justine, I will email you and arrange to collect Dusty from you directly.

Sure you wouldn't want to drive her home? :lol:

Would love to but just can't manage it yet, maybe someday...

Justine
29th September 2009, 10:41 AM
Wow,that would be fantastic.Thanks.I will give you my numbers.

Karlin
29th September 2009, 12:37 PM
This is getting sorted thanks to Justine and Claire and CavCross. :)

Justine
29th September 2009, 06:36 PM
Claires picking her tomorrow,thanks to Claire.

Justine
29th September 2009, 06:43 PM
Claire,have you food for her,she has no collar or lead.Is there anything i can get for you.Jus.

Claire L
29th September 2009, 09:55 PM
Don't worry about it, I'll bring what I need :smile:

Justine
30th September 2009, 09:01 AM
Claire pm,d you.Ella sick,will be at home all day.

casshon
1st October 2009, 01:15 PM
Is this the little one who was at DTI last night? She's lovely - very friendly with other dogs but a little shy with people.

Justine
1st October 2009, 04:15 PM
I dont know,sounds like her,she is very nervous,took me a while for her to trust.But she is a reallt sweet girl.

Karlin
1st October 2009, 05:33 PM
Yes that is her. :)

CavCross
1st October 2009, 06:06 PM
Yep little Dusty, she is very, very well settled now. I think she may need to be surgically removed from my lap. Last night she was much happier around the dogs but today she has decided she is in love with me, following me all around with her big eyes all day and she's not paying to much notice of my dogs today. She fights the sleep all the time, she is wrecked tired but afraid I'll go away on her, poor sweetie, she's adorable. Not a peep from her all day she slept in her little crate, likes going in the car, she just needs someone to love her! http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs225.snc1/7216_294252770380_544395380_9176835_1592308_n.jpg

pippa
2nd October 2009, 06:40 PM
Awww...she's lovely :)

CavCross
2nd October 2009, 07:05 PM
I got up this morning and decided to go back to bed, I left the sitting room door open so Dusty could follow us up if she wanted. Me and my two were cuddled in bed and every now and then you'd hear her little nails on the floor in the hall. Within about 15mins a little head peeped around the bedroom door, the three of us all looked at her and she ran out again, 15 mins later............................................. ...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs225.snc1/7216_295441335380_544395380_9190624_4220460_n.jpg

pippa
2nd October 2009, 07:24 PM
Ah...that's cute :)

casshon
3rd October 2009, 01:19 PM
Adorable! Sounds like she is settling in well :)

Brian M
3rd October 2009, 03:08 PM
Hi

This is a lovely thread ,Dusty looks co content and happy now ,she is a beautiful girl.:)

Karlin
3rd October 2009, 05:44 PM
Heh! A cavalier cannot resist a soft bed...

CavCross
3rd October 2009, 06:05 PM
Her confidence has improved 100% since I have met her. She was in the arms of two children today and was quite happy :) She's met plenty of dogs and people and now sniffs everyones hands to see if they will give her a treat :), she walks lovely on her lead now and is much happier about getting her harness on (thanks to some cheese), puts her little paws up on my car for me to lift her in, has learnt how to come down stairs, goes out side to wee on her own now (she wouldn't go to the garden without me hehe) these things were all difficult for her three days ago...what a little trooper Dusty is, the GOOD MORNING I got from her this morning was hillarious she was just SOO excited and really starting to chill out and enjoy life a bit :fool: She is going to make someone very, very happy. She is just a pleasure to foster, everyone that meets her comments on how pretty she is. She's had a groom and been to the vets and all is great on the health front too, just needs her teeth cleaned but no heart problems etc She's crate trained, toilet trained, travels great in the car and well socalised with dogs and is quickly learning people are just as much fun, she's just a little dream really!

SamT
3rd October 2009, 06:11 PM
She is gorgeous. Looks very comfortable in the bed!

Karlin
3rd October 2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks to her two fosters for bringing her so far along. :) Justine worked hard with her for housetraining and to go on cue :w**h**: as well as to gradually get used to people, and it's great that she's now getting some focused training on walks and harnesses too and getting used to being inside. She has had to deal with being moved and settling in again twice now so she is clearly getting a bit more used to new people and places with each new experience. She looks like a real sweetheart. :)

Ste
3rd October 2009, 09:13 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs225.snc1/7216_294252770380_544395380_9176835_1592308_n.jpg

She's lovely, swap for a terrible terrier? :badgrin:

CavCross
3rd October 2009, 09:59 PM
I think one terrier is enough for any one household thank you very much

CavCross
3rd October 2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks to her two fosters for bringing her so far along. :) Justine worked hard with her for housetraining and to go on cue :w**h**:
Yep ya did a great job, she'll hold it and hold it till she gets out to the garden, she's not had a singel accident even in new places :w**h**:

CavCross
18th October 2009, 07:55 PM
Just a little update for anyone following Dustys story:

Dusty goes to her new home tomorrow. Its the perfect home for her she will have a little cavalier puppy to play with during the day as well as someone home all day but plenty of cuddles and kisses for herself in the evenings and weekends :) She's a cuddle hogger so this is good :) She's met her new family twice so far and I've done the homevisit for her too so Dusty (who I think will be renamed Daisy) is set to enjoy the rest of her life now with her own forever home :p

Brian M
18th October 2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Dusty

Soon to be Daisy but not a D D or Dangerous Daisy I bet cos she looks to huggable for that ,and what a smashing job Justine and CavCross have done for this beautiful girl who so deserves the life she will now have and enjoy thanks to you two.:thnku::thnku::flwr::flwr:

Justine
19th October 2009, 06:30 PM
Wow,this is great news,she really got on well with Duds.Soooo pleased.She def.benefited with one on one training,which i couldnt give her.

Desrae
12th November 2009, 02:37 PM
I was wondering how Dusty got on... glad to hear that she is in her forever home!

CavCross
12th November 2009, 08:40 PM
She's settled in now and her family adore her. The really went through a difficult first five days as she was extremely distressed. Even 24 hours later when they phoned I could hear her screaming crying and jumping off doors, gates, windows trying to escape. It was very stressful for all of us, I cried my eyes out, but the family listened and did every single thing I said and really worked at it and didn't give up, thank god for Dusty.

They really love her and just adore her really, they are very attentive to her and I'm sure she'll have a long and happy life with them. I heard about a week ago from the family to let me know that they are delighted and that Dusty is doing brilliant!

Claire L
12th November 2009, 09:18 PM
So glad to read that Dusty is over her separation anxiety and doing well. She is a lovely little Cavalier and deserves to have the perfect forever home. It was so nice and thoughtful of the family to let you know how well she is doing, bet that made you feel good :)

GoodDoggie
1st February 2010, 05:28 PM
thought id let ya know Dusty is doing great:D
She loves nothing more than too cuddle up on your lap and get hugs.She loves attention,and is quite A Diva.

Charlifarley
1st February 2010, 08:48 PM
Thats great news! Lucky Dusty, sounds like she landed on her feet!:p