PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please for Pebbles

TillyTommy
29th September 2009, 11:10 AM
My little girl was rushed into theatre this morning and remains there now. They think its a twisted bowel and she is so poorly. She is only 5 and Im heart broken. Prayers for Pebbles please xxx:(

sins
29th September 2009, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Please let us know when she's out of theatre.I wish there was more we could say or do to help but she's in the best hands and they'll do all they can for her.
Sins

TillyTommy
29th September 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks so much. She went in theatre at 9 am and is still there:( She became ill so quickly its all still a bit of a shock!

susandavis1
29th September 2009, 11:37 AM
sorry to hear that Pebbles is ill. Hope the surgery goes well

Sue

renate
29th September 2009, 11:39 AM
i hope all has gone well, and that your little girl will be well again soon!:hug:

Charlifarley
29th September 2009, 11:39 AM
Thinking of Pebbles, hope she will be ok, at least you got her to the vet quickly.:xfngr:

Aileen
29th September 2009, 11:40 AM
Loads of prayers for Pebbles and hugs for you please keep us informed
---Aileen and the gang(Barney----Jazzie----Jake)

Karlin
29th September 2009, 11:41 AM
My thoughts are with you and Pebbles. This is a condition that comes on very quickly and is extremely urgent so you were very fast thinking to get her in where she is in the best hands possible.

Please let us know how she does. :flwr:

Louise1823
29th September 2009, 11:53 AM
Thinking of you and Pebbles and praying that everything will be okay with her :hug:

Sabby
29th September 2009, 01:13 PM
My thoughts are with you and pebbles. Praying that everything will be ok.

TillyTommy
29th September 2009, 02:14 PM
UPDATE - Pebbles was in theatre until 1 pm, she did not have a twisted bowel but have swolled a pair of underwear!!! Pebbles has NEVER been a dog to nibble on anything she shouldnt so this is a complete mystery!! However she remains critical as they were twisted around everything apparently. Part were in the bowel but part had started to wrap itself around organs, I was just so shocked I couldnt take it all in or remember everything she has told me. Pebbles has to stay in for at least 2 days and they said this period is critical. Wish I had thought to ask more questions.

Karlin
29th September 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the update -- can imagine this is all such a shock --hang in there, and thinking healing thoughts for Pebbles.

TillyTommy
29th September 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks so much! From what I can make out they had to cut into stomach, bowel and intestine. Poor girl must have been in agony and it remains a mystery how she got a pair unless they feel off the washing line:(

Margaret C
29th September 2009, 02:40 PM
Poor Pebbles and poor you.
How could anyone anticipate something like this ? It is not what you would expect from a mature 5 year old that has never stolen underwear before.

I'm keeping everything crossed for her.

Aileen
29th September 2009, 02:50 PM
Keeping everthing crossed for good news loads of hugs to you :hug:
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

sins
29th September 2009, 03:06 PM
All the matters is that she's doing ok after her surgery. So far so good.
The can be terrible little scavengers:(. Just try to keep yourself occupied and not dwell too much on how it happened.
It's not the first time a cavalier has eaten something to land itself in surgery...
Just stay positive and the vets will do their very best to get her through this and have her back to you.Hang on in there.
Sins

*Pauline*
29th September 2009, 03:18 PM
So sorry you are going through this, my thoughts will be with you and Pebbles.

It's a good reminder to all of us to be careful with underwear, this isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. They all seem to love running off with undies.

TillyTommy
29th September 2009, 03:34 PM
Vet has just phoned to say she is resting well and looking very sorry for herself. They will phone me again in the morning with an update. She remains on a drip and i guess will be pretty sleepy until the morning. Its so out of character! And like you say Pauline, lets all keep a closer eye cause if my Pebbles can run off and swallow an entire pair anyones can - lol:confused:

chloe92us
29th September 2009, 04:06 PM
Big hugs to you, I can't imagine how worried you must be. Hope she's back to herself in no time.

Love my Cavaliers
29th September 2009, 04:25 PM
I'm so glad she's doing better. When Oliver was around 2 years old, he swallowed a cat toy and had to have 2 feet of his intestines removed. He has recovered beautifully and eats regular food without any digestive problems. Hopefully that will be the same with Pebbles. Oliver liked to stay in the crate when he can home until he fully recovered. It was hs safe spot. Good luck to you and Pebbles. She's in our thoughts and prayers.

Daisy's Mom
29th September 2009, 05:05 PM
I'm so glad she is doing better. It's just so weird why a dog would want to swallow a whole pair of underwear, especially so small a dog. I know I would be so mad at her and yet so worried about her all at once. Daisy has certainly been known to chew on a pair or two, but has never shown any inclination to swallow them, but I guess your experience shows that you never know what they will decide to do...

You and Pebbles are in my prayers today that she has a full recovery.

Charlotte
29th September 2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry i posted so late, have been finding it hard to come on the website

So sorry about pebbles!! I was very surprised when i read what you had put, poor girl :(

Princess
29th September 2009, 05:21 PM
My thoughts are with you and Pebbles :xfngr: glad to hear she is recovering from her surgery x

Cathy T
29th September 2009, 05:24 PM
What a shock!! I know how surprising that can be coming from a dog who isn't mischevious and doesn't get into things. Probably the last thing you thought of. So glad she's survived her surgery and praying she makes a full recovery.

Bet
29th September 2009, 05:34 PM
What a worry for you, but so far so good.

Claire L
29th September 2009, 05:59 PM
So sorry to read this. God you must have got such a fright but thank God you got her in to the Vet. Hope she feels much better by morning and big hugs to you, hang in there :hug::hug:

HollyDolly
29th September 2009, 06:17 PM
Just to add my thoughts and prayers for you both.
Keep in touch.

Nanette

heather r
29th September 2009, 08:02 PM
Thoughts of healing are directed your way! Hope that Pebbles is a fast healer!

I know that both of our dogs the 3 year old golden and the 1 year old cavalier can quickly get into trouble whether inside or out.:eek:

Heather R

murphy's mum
29th September 2009, 08:05 PM
Thank god she was operated on so quickly. I hope she gets better really soon :hug:

meljoy
29th September 2009, 08:28 PM
Well done you for acting so quickly.

Our thoughts are and best wishes are with you.

Mel

ourempire
29th September 2009, 08:52 PM
What a shock this has been. I hope everything is better with Pebbles :hug:

renate
29th September 2009, 08:54 PM
what a relief that she is doing better!:smile: and well done for you to act promptly on the matter!

thoughts of healing are going your way!! i am sure she will recover quickly.

diddy
29th September 2009, 09:35 PM
Poor Pebbles. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing wishes to Pebbles. Hope she will be home with you very soon.

tupup
29th September 2009, 11:17 PM
Oh TT ive only just seen this:(im so sorry to hear you & Pebbles are gointg thro this,no wonder you were in shock from one who never gets into things she shouldnt.
Our thoughts & prayers are with you,fingers & paws crossed-special hugs & kisses from Jelly Tots to her old pal Pebbles:hug::hug:

linderbelle
30th September 2009, 01:47 AM
How absolutely terrifying for you. So glad she's doing better and hopefully you also.

Hugs to you!!!!

Linda and the lone ranger and 3 musketeers

pippa
30th September 2009, 11:26 AM
Just seen this post now...So sorry to hear what you've been through, well done for your quick action. I hope Pebbles is well again very soon.

Aileen
30th September 2009, 12:06 PM
Any news please
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

susie1983
30th September 2009, 01:12 PM
So pleased she is recovering well. Hope she continues to improve xx

TillyTommy
30th September 2009, 05:02 PM
UPDATE - Have just been to see Pebbles. She is hopefully coming home tomorrow. They want to watch her for one more day:( She isnt eating so well so they just want to get that settled. She certainly looked much better then before surgery. I was so sad to leave her but she is staying one more night on vets advise. She's had a lovely kiss and cuddle and vet thinks she will make a FULL recovery:rah:
xxxx
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers - they worked xxx

Karlin
30th September 2009, 05:05 PM
Oh this is great news. It must have been wonderful to see her.

Justine
30th September 2009, 05:36 PM
So pleased.xxx

Karen and Ruby
30th September 2009, 05:55 PM
Oh how fantastic- soooo pleased she will be OK, what a releif!!
Karen, Ruby and Charlie xx

vikki
30th September 2009, 05:59 PM
glad it all worked out nothing worse than to have our pups in the hospital

Aileen
30th September 2009, 06:06 PM
:mexwav: So pleased:mexwav:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

ourempire
30th September 2009, 06:57 PM
Wonderful news for you! Thank God. :flwr:

pippa
30th September 2009, 07:50 PM
Really pleased :)

tupup
30th September 2009, 08:19 PM
Thats wonderful news thank goodness,what a relief for you:rah::rah::rah:

heather r
30th September 2009, 08:31 PM
So glad that all turned out well!:rah:I can imagine the sigh of relief when you get her home.

Heather R

Brian M
30th September 2009, 08:38 PM
Hi

So relieved ,well done to the two of you.:)

harrysmum
30th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Just catching up with all this, what a worrying time for you, so glad that Pebbles is making a good recovery & I hope she does make it home to you tomorrow. :xfngr:
Think there will be many of us who it could be us going thro this, these little dogs obssession with underwear is relentless, we will all learn from your experience & am sure we will be even more vigilent.
Hope its all good news for you from now on:)

lady and amber
30th September 2009, 10:45 PM
what a worrying time for you, so glad that Pebbles is making a good recovery

Margaret C
30th September 2009, 10:48 PM
So pleased things are looking better for Pebbles.
I bet she is going to be just a little bit spoilt when she gets home.

diddy
1st October 2009, 09:00 AM
Really pleased to hear Pebbles has recovered and on her way home:rah:

TillyTommy
1st October 2009, 03:36 PM
Pebbles is now back and looking so much brighter!! Not eating much but WOW what a difference! She is being spoiled rotten and taking advantage of all the fuss:lotsaluv:

*Pauline*
1st October 2009, 03:43 PM
Glad Pebbles in back home now :wggle:

Aileen
1st October 2009, 07:54 PM
:jump::rah::jump:so pleased that she is home:jump::rah::jump:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

pippa
1st October 2009, 08:03 PM
So pleased for you :)

Claire L
1st October 2009, 09:08 PM
Yay! Glad Pebbles is ok :jump:

TillyTommy
2nd October 2009, 07:33 AM
She slept sound with me in bed last night to the eveny of the others! We are at the vet today for a check up. she is beginning to eat a little more but is loooooving the fuss LOL:)

pippa
2nd October 2009, 11:25 AM
So glad to hear she is ok...hope the vet check goes well.

harrysmum
2nd October 2009, 08:43 PM
So pleased to hear she is home with you & feeling so much better.Lets hope she has learnt her lesson!!!:wggle:

diddy
4th October 2009, 10:45 AM
Pleased to hear shes ok and back home with you

again.:D

TillyTommy
4th October 2009, 05:09 PM
Pebbles is doing amazing considering such a large operation. She had a short walk today and managed to eat LOADS and pass it well.

What a lucky girl she is xxx

merlinsmum
4th October 2009, 06:08 PM
So pleased that Pebbles has made such a great recovery :)

Karlin
4th October 2009, 06:39 PM
This is just wonderful news. So pleased for you. :w*w:

tupup
4th October 2009, 06:55 PM
Fantastic news,really pleased to hear that,well done you & Pebbles:D:D

heather r
4th October 2009, 08:21 PM
Wonderful, wonderful news; I'm so glad Pebbles is recovering so quicklycl*p

Heather R